Can't set pan/drag mode via logic block

Q&A about the latest versions
mbb

P2VR v6.1.6, Windows10 (64)

This has been an issue before that was working, but now is not again.

Cannot set drag mode via logic block as shown below. This worked with prior version-
screenshot.JPG
screenshot.JPG (84.82 KiB) Viewed 16053 times
mbb

bump
mbb

Does someone have a solution for this? Or are things broken now with the software?

I am trying to have "Continuous" panning mode only on Desktop/Laptop bur "Drag" panning mode only on mobile *including* tablets like iPad.

There does not appear to be a way to do this now that works, when previously there was. Or iOS has changed in such a way that "Is Mobile" no longer functions for iPads?
mbb

Ok, so all of my Pano2VR tours that I have been checking over again that I thought were functioning properly with panning mode are now not working properly on my iPad.

Yet, Krpano tours that I made 5 years ago are still functioning as intended- drag mode panning for my iPad and phone, continuous mode panning for desktop and laptop.

What's going on here with Pano2VR?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Looking at the screenshot the action you are using should have never work.
If you using a Config Loaded and then an action filter "Has Touch" you will have the problem that the Config Loaded will happen before you touch the screen.

This works with "Is Mobile" as the action filter for mobiles but of course since iPadOS iPads no longer report as mobile devices.

Has Touch is only detected once you touch the screen, this is required because many laptops have keyboards, mouse and a touch screen.
So as an action filter Has Touch can not really be used with Config Loaded or Start.

This is the why, which does not help, so will raise a report to see what we can do about this.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
mbb

Bumping to find out the current status of this-

What way does Pano2VR currently make available to automatically assign drag mode to all mobile and tablet devices and panning (continuous) mode to desktops and laptops? Without user interaction.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi mbb,
You can add a container to the skin and give it the action and action filter:

Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 10.39.40.png
Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 10.39.40.png (112.13 KiB) Viewed 15090 times

Sadly the iPad will also use continuous mode as the browser reports the desktop version.
So you could use screen width?
For this, you would need two actions, note this is for the iPad pro, so screen size 12.9" and below

Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 10.53.24.png
Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 10.53.24.png (102.59 KiB) Viewed 15090 times

and

Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 10.53.41.png
Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 10.53.41.png (145.32 KiB) Viewed 15090 times

So if opened on a desktop it would use either drag or continuous mode depending on the desktop size.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
mbb

Screen width isn't going to work because some iPads are higher resolution than some laptops or desktop monitors.

Here's the thing, I want all laptops and desktops to have continuous pan mode and all tablets and phones to have drag mode, without exception always. Without the user having to do anything.

Is there not a simple way to achieve this?

Edit: I have had zero issues doing this with krpano. Literally for the past decade or more. Why is that? What is your player doing or not doing regarding this?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi mbb,
If you do this with KRPano, how are you detecting the devices?
In Pano2VR we can detect if a device "Has Touch", or "Is Mobile", which is detected through the browser.

If you had a splash screen then this is easy as you touch the splash screen the player will detect Has Touch and can change the control mode.
But as you need to touch the screen first, you can not use a config loaded action as at this point you have not touched it yet.

What about Is Mobile, the spanner in the works is the iPad uses the desktop user agent so the player detects this as macOS and not iPadOS.

With regards to the screen width, it does not look at the resolution, it looks at the viewport/logical size.
For example, iPad Pro 12.9" 3rd gen, Logical width is 1024px and the logical height is 1366px.
The screen resolution is 2048 x 2732px.
The logic block is looking at the logical size as this would be the player width and height.

Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
mbb

Hopki wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:14 pm Hi mbb,
If you do this with KRPano, how are you detecting the devices?
That's just it. With krpano I don't have to do anything. Krpano just does the right thing automatically. Drag mode on phone and ipad, continuous mode for desktop and laptop. The only thing I have added to it's skin is set default mode in <control> element param "mousetype="moveto" and I have added a contextual menu that can allow the person to switch between the two if they have a different preference.

Here's a pano from my site, have a look on different devices yourself if you like- https://www.bohonus.com/vr/vrs5834
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
In V7, the detection for "Is Mobile" also detects iPadOS so this will be simple action in the skin or simpler still, can be a component that you just add to the skin.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
mbb

That would be very helpful, thx