Disappearing mouse cursor

Q&A about the latest versions
kevatga

I'm not sure why the mouse cursor disappears each time a new pano2VR .swf loads on my tour walk-thru. After clicking on a new room the cursor disappears momentarily, but it can been seen if it is
1. over the movie
2. off the webpage
3. or the mouse is clicked

Please test out the movie to see what I'm talking about, and let me know why this might be happening.

http://www.precisionmaui.com/plantation

Thank You
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Had a look, I can only guess but you are using your own cursers so what’s happening is that when you move to a new pano the curser needs to load. I say this because when the pano has loaded, the curser can be seen. Try putting a loading bar in so people can see its still loading. If this is a problem try not using cursers, I must admit I don’t use the cursers at all. I find when I do they are not as smooth and its more to load.
Cheers Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
kevatga

Thank You Hopki,

I will try your advice because I do believe that the cursor makes the movie less smooth, however the cursor does not disappear when clicking the arrows in the movie to navigate. It only disappears when you click on a room title or a blue print image. This makes the original cursor disappear, not my generated one.

any other suggestions would be very helpful, as my client is not pleased with a disappearing cursor?
naleen80

Hi,
I know that I am responding to this issue very late. But I am responding this for the sake of other develoers who reads this forum. As I noticed if we ask Pano2VR to use its own cursor it hides the default cursor and tryies to load its own cursor when Pano2VR finished loading. So what happens is, user will lost the track of mouse soon after Pano2VR is loaded since it tryies to hide the default cursor thinking user's mouse is over the Pano2VR.

To avoid this I can suggest couple of solutions.

1. Quick easy way is, avoiding asking Pano2VR user interface to show its own mouse when you build the pano2VR flash application. See the attachemnt.

2. Also you can use Mouse.show() when ever user move mouse in areas other than pano2VR. You can easily do this using a dummy Moviclip to cover that area and adding a listenr to catch mouse move event.

What else, there may be some other ways....
Anyway I just wanted to share some views...Good luck guys
Attachments
ui1.jpg
ui1.jpg (84.04 KiB) Viewed 5416 times
Last edited by naleen80 on Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
kevatga

Better late than never! Thank You. I will reply in a few days time after testing both suggestions.

Kevin Williams
http://www.rvisiongroup.com
mikef

I've also run into this problem. I only encounter this when I check the "show own default cursor" box. I'm not exactly an AS3 expert so I may be going about things all wrong but I had a go at using Mouse.show with no luck. What I tried was to this:

Code: Select all

mybutton.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, mybuttonClickHandler);
        function mybuttonClickHandler(event:MouseEvent):void {
        loader.load(myURL);
	removeChild(loader);
	addChild(loader);
        Mouse.hide();
        Mouse.show();
        }
The idea was to force the mouse to cursor to be refreshed when I clicked the button and that way I could avoid needing listeners but it didn't work.