Can not create hotspot for image when using Node 3D Hotspot Silhouette

Q&A about the latest versions
timmydjr

I have have the 2VR Pro and I am getting errors when using the Node 3D Hotspot Silhouette for the direction icons but yet I need to add "Image Hotspots" throughout the scene.

I will attach some screen shots to show what it is doing and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I want to use the "Siloutte (google style) direction arrows but I need to have custom icons open photos in various places.

I have a custom icon on the bottom corner of the flag that should pop up an image file.

But in the second image you see what it is doing. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks,
Tour Error Screenshot 1.png
Tour Error Screenshot 1.png (3.92 MiB) Viewed 1887 times
Tour Error Screenshot 2.png
Tour Error Screenshot 2.png (3.97 MiB) Viewed 1887 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi, if you are getting a load XML error then the action is wrong.
What's the action in the image, I take it is a point hotspot?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
timmydjr

Hi Hopki,
I think I have to use a different SKIN for the image hotspot??

I am using the Siloutte Skin element for the directional arrows. But I have 4-5 images that I want to "open up" when the viewers click the an icon that I place on the image.

The problem is that the icon is being placed in the same spot with the "silloutte arrows" and it should not be there. I want the Image Hotspot icon to be where I placed it in Pano2VR and then to simply pop open an image when they click on the icon. In the restaurant there are some freezers. I need to place an icon on each freezer door so that the viewers will know they can click on the icon and have the 2D image pop up so they can see the inside. It was feasable to take a 360 photo of the inside of the freezer, but I could take a nice shot with my wide angle lens on my DSLR.

I am learning Pano2VR so any help will be appreciated.

Tim
timmydjr

So in the screen shot above, the orange circle with the "i" should have been located at the bottom right corner of the flag. Then when they clicked on the "i" I wanted a new image to popup that told about the history of the company.
timmydjr

I sure need help on this
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
It will be better to upload a support package with your skin.
This way we can see all your settings.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
timmydjr

I am email you the Google drive link to the pano2ve package file.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Tim,
When you are setting the image hotspots make sure you are selecting Type Image and it is using the Skin-ID ht_image.
All your Tour Node hotspots should be set to type Tour Node, Skin-ID ht_node.
Then in your skin, the 3D arrows Hotspot Template should have the ID, ht_node, and the image popup should have the ID, ht_image.
This will then use the correct Hotspot Template with the different Hotspot Types.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
timmydjr

Hi Hopki,
That was a HUGE help. Thank you. Last question. I want to use a custom image as the node (ie transparent image that reads "Click here to view freezer". Then when they click on the custom transparent image, it then pops up the actual image of the "freezer inside". How do I do that?

Thanks,

Tim