Multiple Scene transitions

Q&A about the latest versions
RockHunter

We make before and after panos, where we montage renderings of buildings in photographs. To switch between the photo and the montage we're using scene transitions (https://ggnome.com/wiki/scene-transitions/) and that works great.

But now I want to expand this, and have multiple options. Photo, Option 1, Option 2 , Option 3, etc.
Can I still use scene transitions to do that? I assume I'd need to add images to act as buttons, and then call the various options. But as it's done in the skin, I don't know how I would like to a specific node ID.
Is there another way of achieving this? Something like "fixed", not moving hotspots???)

Ideally, the current view is preserved, so it's a seamless experience like in the scene transitions.

regards,
Wolfgang
Isaac Brown

Hi Wolfgang,
I do this all the time by doing something like the following:

Using your previous example, 1 photograph location and 3 options:
In each node input a custom name in the User data description ($ud) let's call it "photograph01". All nodes would have the same ($ud).
In the User data author ($ua) of each node define each option: "option01 "option02" "option03"". All nodes will have a different ($ua).

Now that we have these set up we want to use these placeholders to actually name our nodes:
In the User data title of each node insert "$(ud)_$(ua)" this will name each node "photograph01_option02" etc.
Also place "$(ud)_$(ua)" in the custom node id field

1.JPG
1.JPG (57.5 KiB) Viewed 2057 times

This skin editor:
Now we want to be able to use our placeholders to trigger the buttons to do different things based on what node the user is currently on.
To change the location add the following action (notice we are referencing the placeholders and only changing the particular parts that we want to change, "_option01" for example).

2.JPG
2.JPG (216.07 KiB) Viewed 2057 times

To change the photograph instead of the option youd just change your action url to this:

3.JPG
3.JPG (214.61 KiB) Viewed 2057 times

It may be a bit hard to see whats happening because I am in fact using 3 different panoramas in this example.

Notes:
You could use any placeholder fields not just the $(ud) and $(ua)

Files:
I have attached a test project to this post, I am hoping this will help solver your problem?

Further improvements:
I also normally trigger different transitions based on where in my tour someone is. For example I could zoomin or zoomout when travelling to/from and aerial panorama to ground, this is another topic though. Normally i'd pipe the transition type into a variable and have the variable update using the on node change trigger.

Useful Links:
https://ggnome.com/doc/placeholders-list/
https://ggnome.com/doc/skin-actions/
Attachments
Wolfgang.rar
(5.62 MiB) Downloaded 101 times
Isaac / IBCreative
RockHunter

Isaac,

Wow. Just wow.
That' awesome! I'm reading through it, and slowly wrapping my head around how it works, but that's such an awesome response. Thank you very much!
I'm still taking in how much effort you put into answering me, that really great!
I'll be giving it go a now and I'm pretty sure with your hard work I'll wrap my head around it in no time!

cheers!
Wolfgang
Isaac Brown

Thanks!

It may be a bit in-depth, just message me and I’ll be glad to give you some more assistance.

Cheers.
Isaac / IBCreative
Isaac Brown

Hopki, Is there a way to do what I have done above by using variables in place of the placeholders so I wouldn't have to use the User Data fields?

This might help explain this question I had for you a bit better:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14408
Isaac / IBCreative
Hopki
Gnome

Hi guys,
I built this a while back: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13649

As an FYI, we have added a useful posts index to each forum, this could be found in the skins forum.
If you spot a post that you think will be useful to others then please send an e-mail to support, e-mail below.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Isaac Brown

Thanks Hopki,
I will keep an eye out for useful posts to be suggested.
Isaac / IBCreative