Google Maps inside a pano

Q&A about the latest versions
Jan_T

hello everybody,

I just finished a tour for a pub / appartement in berlin (www.yes-berlin.de). i would like to add a google mapn to the pano to show visitors of the tour, where they can find the both places.
can i have a google map inside a flash pano? i saw this gmap flash component: http://www.afcomponents.com/components/g_map/
i dont know any action script. may i perhaps just import a map component like this into the pano?
jan
hum@no.id

can i have a google map inside a flash pano? i saw this gmap flash component: http://www.afcomponents.com/components/g_map/ i dont know any action script. may i perhaps just import a map component like this into the pano?
Go to - http://www.afcomponents.com/forum/
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
Jan_T

ja, mmh... no solution in that forum.
maybe by inserting an iframe in the pano? could this be possible?
ThomasK

Hallo Jan,
von afcomponents gibt es auch www.umapper.com - but I don't know if it's possible to embed the map with a link inside the Skin Editor of Pano2VR.
Umapper could be interesting because with UMapper you can display geo-data and any layer on top of any map data provider (Microsoft Virtual Earth, Google, Yahoo, OpenStreet, etc.).
thomas
Chief Gnome

For the moment you can do such things only with your own Flash container.
MfG, Thomas
crcr

Is this possible in the current version?
I'm not necessarily wanting a map that you can move/pan but would be good to insert the html code to have a static map, is this possible?
thomas
Chief Gnome

It should be possible with the Google Map Flash API.
MfG, Thomas
crcr

Thanks Thomas,

I had a look at the google site and understand I need to sign up for the API and download some stuff, but as for the code needed and how to get it into my .swf file, I don't really know where to start.

Has anyone done this with success that could help me out on how I do this?

Thanks,
Craig
crcr

I have a google map with markers located where the different tour panoramas are taken from, I can load this into the skin as a SWF element but am unsure how to link these google map markers to Pano2VR actions like "mouse enter" and links between google map markers and panorama hotspots.

I want it to work like as if the google map was an image in the skin.

Can this be all done in Pano2vr or does it require the mouse over code to be added to the google map code?

Thanks,
Craig