Audio

Q&A about the latest versions
Carolyn

I recently updated a multi-node VR that was created in 4.5.1 using v5.2.5. It has a background audio that is triggered when one clicks on an intro page. In the 4.5.1 one, everything works well. Audio plays in Safari, Firefox and Chrome. In the updated version, audio plays well in Safari, plays in every second node in Firefox, and no audio plays in Chrome. I've tried putting the audio in the skin, put in node markers that would trigger the audio as nodes were changed, nothing. Do I really need to re-render everything in 4.5.1 to work?

Update: Turns out I was using an older version of Firefox. Updating that fixed the every other node with sound. Chrome, however, remains a problem. There were a couple of times in which audio played when I had just cleared the cache, but that's not reproducible and mostly, just no audio with v5.
Carolyn

For anyone else just not searching with the correct terms, if you have Chrome issues and you can afford it, support them and upgrade to 6. If your money is tight, fall back to v4 if you want things to work with Chrome.