Pano2VR crashes created HTML5 Output

Q&A about the latest versions
zwikel

Truckscan wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:03 am I'm having the same problem:

After running the app as admin and setting compatability for win 8 I had no more issues.

Also, don't know if this is related, getting your skin and/or html files from a synced folder (nas oder GoogleDrive...) seems to cause issues from time to time.

Greetings
Interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I may try this the next time I need to process one of these types of projects.
zwikel

Hopki wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:45 pm Hi,
The project is using a lot of image cache, and you are at the very limit if you only have 200GB free.
Be aware, how computers report disk space is not accurate and don't forget all those hidden system files as well as how much Ram you have.

As a test to help explain I attached a 500GB SSD via USB 3 port to my Mac and used this for the image cache location.
Once all the images were loaded 197GB was cached, now my system has 64GB Ram, if I had less ram, then cache would be more.
So you are boarding on your 200GB limit of free space and hence why you are getting this issue.

You can do one of two things, first move the image chase location to your other drive which has the 400GB free.
Or and probably the best thing to do is convert all your panoramas to TIFF using Pano2VR.
Pano2VR will convert to Tilted TIFF's which will not require any loading or caching.
To do this Open your project, while the images are still loading select, Tour => Edit Master Node from the menu.
In the Properties Panel select Convert, make sure it's using Equirectangular and TIFF, then click Convert.
Once done your project will now open in less than a second rather than the minutes it takes when loading the JPGs and will not require the cache.

Regards,
Hi Hopki. Please see the post from @Truckscan. Could you pass that info on to Thomas? It may help him modify Pano2VR to solve the problem. Thank you.