Analytics for Panoramas

Q&A about the latest versions
PanoUser1

Hello Fellow users,
Is it possible to get analytics in panoramas. Things like " Viewed XXX times" and a heat map or which buttons were clicked?
Cheers!
digitalnoodle

Can't speak for the heatmap, but to connect google analytics the process I use is:
1. Create a variable
2. For each action I want to record, I set the variable value for the hotspot in the skin actions
3. Create a hidden text element in the skin which listens for variable change as the source, then an action of go to url with a "javascript: yourFunctionInHTML();" action
4. in the index.html i have the function "yourFunctionInHTML()" which I then do the dataLayer.push({'event':'eventID-".pano.getVariableValue('yourVar')});

I use Google Analytics with Google Tag Manager. But you could just as easily replace the dataLayer.push with some other method to connect to the analytics or database of your choice.

Just note that if you modify the index.html, you'll want to save those changes to a second file so that when you recreate the pano, it won't overwrite what you've done.

I'm a novice to pano2vr, but this process worked for my application. There may very well be slicker ways to handle.
PanoUser1

Thank you @digitalnoodle!
If i may, would you mind sharing an example?
Thank you so much!
lacon

@digitalnoodle

I'd also be interested in an example.
I'm using google tag manager but can't get any good results right now.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Have a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?p=60766#p60766
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/