Stereo Tour via VRTourviewer

Q&A about the latest versions
RockHunter

Hello,

I have a large tour using mono images, and I want to add a stereo image to the tour. I want to show it on an "Occulus Go" via VRTourviewer.
After reading over at the VRTourviewer knowledgebase and experimenting, it looks like the only way to get a stereo tour to show correctly on a headset is to uses image pairs and use the "stereo" tag on the first image in the tour.

The tour is built and all hotspots set and connected. Because of the need to have image pairs, I need to duplicate all existing mono images. Adding them back in is simple, but connecting all the hotspots (including image hotspots) is a pain.
Is there a simple way to achieve that? I've tried copy paste, looked for menu options, searched the forum, but I can't find a good solution. Is there a way duplicating hotspots or complete images with all hotspots?

Cheers,
Wolfgang
3DV

Hi Wolfgang,

With the latest version of VR Tourviewer (1.2.304) you can use 'single node stereo'.
You don't have to use the image pairs and the stereo tag then and can easily mix monoscopic and stereoscopic panoramas.

If you have questions regarding VR Tourviewer specifically, they are best asked on the VR Tourviewer forum directly.
VR Tourviewer is developed independently by 3DV.
Ruud van Reenen
3DV - Real estate artist impressions and animations
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets
3DV

If you want to make it work with stereo pairs: I don't think you can copy an entire panorama, but if you want to copy all your hotspots, images etc, you can use the List View in Pano2VR. In List View you can select and copy all items in your panorama at once, and paste them in the List View of another panorama.
Ruud van Reenen
3DV - Real estate artist impressions and animations
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets
RockHunter

3DV,

Thank you for the clarification about the different versions of VRTourviewer!

And a great tip about the list view, that works a treat, that's pretty much what I was looking for.
Perhaps it's time we upgrade VRTourviewer...

regards,
Wolfgang