Feature Request: Display GPS Traces on map

Q&A about the latest versions
keith@fachwen.org

I've recently started using a single shot 360 camera and I record my walks in the mountains with a GPS.This generates a lot of images!

It would really be quite neat if I could simply have the GPX files from the GPS showing up on the map so I can judge by eye exactly where the panos were taken and drag them onto the map. Most of the time the track shows a bit of 'noise' where the Pano was taken as I'm stationary for a short while.

Currently all the geotagging takes place on the images before I import them into PAno2VR, but to be able to do this in Pano2VR could simplify things quite a bit?

A hover over the track might popup a time stamp too?

Thanks,

Keith
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Keith,
What you can and will be better, is after you import the panoramas into the project, select all the nodes of the tour (Command + a, Mac, Controul + a, for Windows) then drag them into the Tour Map, as you do you will see an Auto Place area box. Drop them in to this box. All the map pins will be placed on the map using the individual nodes location data.
You can then, as you say fine tune the pin positions.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
keith@fachwen.org

Hi Hopki,

I do that already 😀

It's just sometimes it doesn't work properly (my fault, usually due to GPS issues, not Pano2VR) and it would be good to be able to visualise the actual track directly in the map window as well. Fine tuning would then be trivial 👍🏻.

I presently can fine tune looking at the Satellite image/map. But sometimes it's not very clear.

Regards,

Keith