mobile design requires touch to engage

Q&A about the latest versions
TButtrick

Hi all,

I have a separate mobile UI for my tour, which uses the "has touch" function in the logic block to show/hide the various elements. (my understanding is that is now the proper way to do it)

All working as expected, but it seems to require an initial touch to engage when starting the tour on mobile. So the tour loads with the default desktop UI and switches to the mobile UI as soon as there is any press on the screen. Its as if the tour needs to a touch input, as opposed to a mouse click, before it realises the device is mobile.

In previous cases, the splash screen/enter button, has meant this isn't an issue, but I have no splash screen in this case.

I have tried using trigger clicks on various elements when starting, but this doesn't seem to work. I feel like there's an obvious fix im missing.

Does anybody know what im doing wrong, or how I can engage the "has touch" elements without requiring an initial touch?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Yes the player only knows when a device has “Has Touch” only after you touch the screen.
There are many laptops out there which also have a touchscreen.

They can display a desktop skin until you touch the screen.
The thing to do is have condition combinations such as:
Has Touch And
player Width = xxx

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
TButtrick

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

I had not considered the fact that laptops also increasingly have touch screens these days. Good to keep in mind.

Thanks for the help on this, much appreciated!