Thumbnail scrolling

Q&A about the latest versions
Jmondo

Thumbnail scrolling

Post by Jmondo » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:59 pm

Hi, has anyone figured out a way to make the pano thumbnails glide better when scrolled? Still hoping this bug gets fixed, but wondering if maybe a css solution has been discovered.

Hopki
Gnome

Re: Thumbnail scrolling

Post by Hopki » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:10 pm

Hi,
Can you give an example of what you mean by glide better?
Do you have any examples?
Regards,
Hopki

Jmondo

Post by Jmondo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:59 pm

Hi Hopki,

Since pano v6, the thumbnail scrolling stops dead as soon as your fingers stop moving. Prior to pano v6, the thumbnail scroll bar had "momentum" scrolling, meaning the thumbnails would continue to move, depending on how fast you scrolled. Here's an old article from 2010 describing what I mean: https://tinyurl.com/wsgbug9

Here is my site for reference...please look on a mobile phone so that the thumbnails require horizontal scrolling: www.doverhouse10a.com

This was a follow up to another thread I started here: https://tinyurl.com/ryusjy4 - in this thread is a screen-grab video demonstrating the before/after scrolling change.

I think this is an important UX issue that can make a site feel dated - If there is a javascript "quick fix" I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Best,
Jesse

Hopki
Gnome

Post by Hopki » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:35 pm

Hi Jesse,
OK got it. I'll write up a bug report.
Regards,
Hopki

Jmondo

Post by Jmondo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:25 pm

Thanks Hopki, in the meantime I’ll try to solve with JavaScript, though I keep coming up empty.

Unfortunately I don’t see the programmers addressing this anytime soon, as I recall you entered this bug last May but it didn’t make it into the 6.1.2 update. Fingers crossed.

Best,
Jesse