Feature request: Show side view when levelling

Q&A about the latest versions
iantresman

When levelling an image in the main window, it would be very useful to show an additional window with a side view of the same image. Then,
as the main window rotates clockwise /anticlockwise, then the additional window view would move up/down (and vice versa).

The additional window could replace the Output/Google Street View etc, which is not used when levelling. There might be an option to choose whether to display the left side view or right side view.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Ian,
If you level a pano using a vertical in the image as a reference point if you rotate and do the same thing again at a different pan angle the first adjustment should still be level.
So I'm not sure what advantage this will give?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
iantresman

I don't always have a good vertical, so when levelling the horizon, I'm also trying to position the horizon at camera height. I can go back and forth between front view / side view, but I thought seeing the second image would let me level the main image in one hit (rotate, and up/down).
360Texas

We use PTgui. Ptgui has a Vertical leveling feature that will by putting a vertical control points at the bottom and top of a KNOWN object like a wall corner edge will bring all images into level. There also is a horizon control leveling point feature.

Putting a spirit level device on your pan head / tripod before taking the image set also helps with leveling issue. We level the tripod/pan head only on the first image.

But then you already knew this.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com