everpano

Q&A about the latest versions
webline

Hi,

I do like the 3d look of the everpano solution - it is a good alternative to the Matterport world.
everpano works together with krpano - I don't like the UI of krpano at all and would like to stay with Pano2VR - the much better solution for my personal taste.
Will there be support for everpano or something like it in Pano2VR?

best,
webline
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This is on the developer's radar but this tech needs a lot of work imo, the transitions are nasty, have a look at this quick video:

ScreenFlow.mp4
(4.36 MiB) Downloaded 390 times

If the panoramas have straight lines etc then it's not so bad but for "normal" panoramas as shown in the video is not good.
This is an example recorded from their website.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
webline

Hi Hopki,

I do agree that there are several nasty visual bugs - but at least this is some sort of alternative to the Matterport world.
The amount of manual work put into the 3d mesh is critical - the more information you pass, the better the transitions. This takes a lot of time and for commercial project the customer has to be willing to pay for the work. Matterport on the other hand will generate the 3D mesh on the fly - but you have to buy the equipment and the complete project runs in the Matterport cloud. No way to go for me.
I would love to have the option to create this experience and I don't like the idea to switch to krpano for this - I worked with the software years ago and the UI is really bad.

Thanks for the reponse!

webline