Feature request: Stereo hotspot/video/image depth/distance

Q&A about the latest versions
tarsz

Hey!
Is it possible you'll add 'distance' to videos/images? Right now these can, on some occasion, make you feel dizzy. Adding a distance variable to things, then changing the position based on distance in separate eyes would be really great. I see the 'distance' property for hotspots, I don't know if it does anything, because if it does, VR tourviewer doesn't do anything with it. But still, it would be great for images and videos.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This works with the WebVR output.
This is so hotspots closer ta 5 meters will get bigger, but past 5 meters they will be the same size.
Not sure if Ruud does anything with this information and of course only works if your panoramas have location data.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
tarsz

Hopki wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:05 pm Hi,
This works with the WebVR output.
This is so hotspots closer ta 5 meters will get bigger, but past 5 meters they will be the same size.
Not sure if Ruud does anything with this information and of course only works if your panoramas have location data.
Regards,
Hopki
Thanks for the fast response! My main concern is that in stereo, these things can hurt my eyes if it's in the exact same position for both eyes. It would be really great if by just setting distance, images, videos and stuff could be placed within the panorama, for example a video on TV instead of it hovering in front of it. Right now I've set some specific stereos to mono so the video feels natural on it, which is a great workaround, but it would be really awesome to be able to place these in 3D.
3DV

In Pano2VR it's currently only possible to set a depth for node hotspots. There's no depth setting for other types of hotspots or for images and videos in Pano2VR 6.1.1.

In the current version of VR Tourviewer the depth setting of node hotspots isn't used yet. This will be supported in the next update.

In the next update of VR Tourviewer you will be able to use the correct position/depth of pinned images and videos by using the 'old fashion' way of creating stereo tours: by using one panorama for the left eye and one for the right eye (stereo pairs). The depth of a hotspot, image or video will then be calculated by the stereo separation (pan value) of the item between the left and right panorama.
Ruud van Reenen
3DV - Real estate artist impressions and animations
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets