Sound broken since iOS 13.2 update

Q&A about the latest versions
REdwards

Since I updated today to iOS 13.2 on iPhone 8, I have no sound on Pano2VR 6.1.1 pro generated tours .

Sound had been fixed two weeks ago with the 6.1.1 pro update but since iOS 13.2 has broken again.

Sound still plays ok on iPhone 6 running older 12.4.2.

Is anyone else experiencing no sound at all?
Last edited by REdwards on Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thomas
Chief Gnome

We were hoping that Apple fixes this bug in iOS 13.2, and that's why we only excluded 13.1.3 where they broke the directional sound.
I am currently investigating other workarounds, but Apple clearly has some software quality issues.
MfG, Thomas
REdwards

Thanks for the fast reply Thomas ...

Please keep us posted for any work around.
MajPG

Hi everyone

I'm currently working on a project and still have the same issue. That is:

Directional Sound is not "directional" on iOS 13.5.1. As soon as you open the panorama in which the directional sound was placed, you can hear it everywhere (even if you leave the browser).
Is that something that I can fix in Pano2VR or does it depend on the next iOS update?

And on that note: On the iPad Pro (iOS 13.5.1) the sound doesn't start at all, neither does the embedded Video (via Patch). Which is very unfortunate. Is there a way to fix that?
Note: On the iPad the Browser seems to open the non-mobile version of the menu (hence of the whole pano?). I no that because I de/activated some buttons on iOS and the other way around (regarding the fullscreen and mute issues).

Thanks for a fast response everyone!
MajPG

Edit:

On the iPad Pro (iOS 13.5.1) the sound and the embedded patch-videos do not start in Safari! In Chrome they do (sound is still not directional though). And in Chrome I can see the iOS version of the skin as well. In Safari it‘s the „normal“ (non-iOS) skin, which I don‘t get as well. So there are a bunch of errors on the iPad Safari-Browser.
Is there a way to fix that?

+ the issue of the directional sounds not playing directional on all the iOS devices and browsers (at least on iOS 13.5.1).

Can someone at GardeGnome help with that? The project has to be online tomorrow!
Trank you in advance!
REdwards

From what i understand there is currently an iOS bug with Apple Directional sound. Sound therefore won't work properly on Safari mobiles.

Hopefully Martin at Garden Gnome will give his opinion too, as he's far more knowledgeable on this than i am.
MajPG

Good to know thank you!
Do you know if they heard about the issue of Safari on iPads (current update) not even playing the video-patches and showing the wrong skin with elements that are not supposed to be visible on iOS & not showing skin elements that should be (= true) visible on iOS?
REdwards

Can't help you on that one buddy - sorry :|
MajPG

REdwards wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:01 pm Can't help you on that one buddy - sorry :|
Saw them answering on all posts but here. Guess I‘ll have to open a new one to be seen. Thanks!