latest output from 6.1.1 not working on Android! HELP

Q&A about the latest versions
BSands

Hi,

I just updated to the latest version of Pano2VR (6.1.1 pro 64bit) and re-exported my tour so it would work on iOS, but the gyro function doesn't seem to work on iOS, and more importantly, the latest output and upload (to our server) of the tour gives me nothing but black on Android! Any suggestions, I really need to get this sorted before 3pm today as it's for a meeting.

I might have to try to roll it back to the last working version, to see if it fixes it!

Thanks in advance.

Bill
BSands

I know this is very soon after the first post, but I thought I'd update:

To fix the problem temporarily, I copied some old copies of the files. This revealed some image issues, so I used the latest "Images", "tiles" and "webvr" folders and contents, which worked fine. That leaves me to assume there is a problem with one of the other files in the root of the export.

If any files or further information are needed to help diagnose, please let me know.

Cheers,

Bill
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Bill,
I would like to know more about your issue.
Appel changed things in iOS 12, then again in iOS13.
Please see this forum post: viewforum.php?f=9

For WebVR and its Cardboard mode with Android, I have tested with Chrome and Firefox, both seem to work ok.
As does Chrome Developer.
I used our examples page as a test.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
BSands

Hi Hopki,

Thanks for getting back to me. The problem has only occurred after I updated from 6.1.0 to 6.1.1.

The version I am now using successfully was output from ggnome 6.1.0 (I think, but definitely not 6.1.1). Actually the "Images", "tiles" and "webvr" folders were output from 6.1.1, but it doesn't seem to matter. This output works well on android (9) and has the gyroscope option visible on iOS 12.4, but requires manually allowing the gyroscope features within Safari settings.

I upload all the folders and associated .html, .xml, and two .js files to a server, and access the .html file through a web browser.

The problem occurred when fully outputting from 6.1.1. I uploaded the output and replaced all the files in the server folder. When I then tried to access the .html file from a computer web browser, all looked normal. Accessing it from chrome on Android produced a black screen, and accessing it from Safari on iOS 12.4 lost any ability to allow the gyroscope (button dissapeared).

I tried to follow your link "viewforum.php?f=9" but got nothing that made any sense (just a page showing part of the forum, not an article).

I tried using the examples from the examples page, but I cannot know what version of Pano2VR was used to create them. The first one on the list worked.

Regards,

Bill
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Bill,
Try this: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14041#p58992
Also, can you post a project that does not work using 6.1.1?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/