Pano2VR Bug since v6

Q&A about the latest versions
BrideValley

Hi Everyone

I have a couple of issues with Pano2VR v6:

1) Whilst working on a project, re-opening a saved project doesn't give me the window layout I last used. Almost always the program opens in some random arrangement which is simply very frustrating. It can be fiddly to reset the arrangement to my preferences as very often the top bar with maximise, minimise, close buttons are completely off the screen. I use Windows 10, have a 4K screen on the laptop and an additional monitor plugged in.

2) Yesterday I started a brand new project with v6.1.1 and added a custom floorplan (a jpeg with dimensions of 5618 x 4792 pixels). I set the scale with the measurement tool and aligned it on Google Maps before saving. Today the floorplan is missing from the list of maps. The pins for the nodes I set yesterday are all present and correctly placed on the map.

Both the above issues have been present since I started using v6Beta, although no 2 has been rare and intermittent. No 1 is almost always a headache. These issues are very annoying - can anyone acknowledge anything similar or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Simon
BrideValley

Update

The custom floorplan has appeared again (after closing Pano2VR and opening again later on) but although the positioning of the previously added nodes appears correct, their alignment to North has not been saved.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Simon,
I have tested this many times and do not get any issues.
The window arrangments are saved to the Windows registry and read from there when opened.
There should be no restrictions so I can not see how this can happen.
With regards to the map again when bug testing 6.1.1 I personly tested this many times as well as running it through our auto tester.

Do you have access to another computer?
Maybe install Pano2VR and run it in trial mode and test, do you see the same thing?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
BrideValley

Hi Martin

I appreciate that you will have tested this thoroughly but it's a bug that keeps happening here and has done so for a while. I sometimes wonder about the graphics drivers on this machine so I will try installing something other than the very latest to see if that helps.

Sadly the only other computer I have access to is an Apple Mac, although not until 5th November. I don't suppose using Pano2VR on that will help?

Simon
BrideValley

Would you recommend The NVidia game ready driver or the studio driver Martin?
Hopki
Gnome

I'll speak with the devs tomorrow and post back.
But I would have thought the studio driver.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Speaking with the developers, the answer is if you want stability, go with the Studio Drivers.
The game drivers are for the latest and greatest so may not be as stable.

If your still getting issues then do a Save with assets and make a working project.
Then you can zip it up and send it over to the e-mail below.
We can then see if we get the same issues.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
BrideValley

Thanks Martin,

Today I discover major issues with this project. I thought the floorplan was properly incorporated in the project (i.e. sized properly and correctly geolocated on the map). However, all the nodes I added yesterday are not showing on the map when I switch to, for example, Google Maps roadmap.

That's a couple of days wasted - I'm going to start again as this, at the moment, has really pissed me off!

I don't know how you do your testing but I'm sorry to say I feel things are far from finished with this version. I'll keep the current project file if you feel it's worth packaging up but with 100 tiff files (12000 x 6000) you may have to wait for the email to arrive. . . .

Update: I started a new project, added the floorplan with size and geolocation set. Saved with new filename and added 3 panos. Set the position and alignment to north for the first pano, saved again. Switched to Google Maps - Roadmap view and Pano2VR crashed. When I re-started Pano2VR and re-opened the new project there is no custom floorplan showing in the map dropdown within the Tour Map panel.

I'm currently downloading the previous version to see how I get on.

Update: 25 Oct 16:43,

I've now completely cleaned Pano2VR 6.1.1 off my PC, including the registry keys (all 62 of them) that were left behind, and carried out a clean install of v6.1.0 Pro 64bit. It installed with no reports of any errors. I repeated the exercise in the above paragraph with exactly the same result. Re-opened the new project and Pano2VR realised it had crashed so offered me the opportunity to open the last-saved backup of the project which, when loaded, has no floorplan. I compared this to the last project file I had saved myself which also does not have the floorplan but at least the north alignment has been saved correctly. Window arrangements are still not opening as they were set previously.

Would you like me to do a "do a Save with assets" for the above - it's got only 3 panos in it so far?

Simon