hotspot auto-hiding

Q&A about the latest versions
TButtrick

Hi all,

I have noticed in the most recent version that hotspots become disabled/not visible when they are not in view. Is there any way to disable this.

I use hotspots with skin elements to create content that uses 3d distortion to line up with geometry in the scene (like having info projected onto a wall for example, rather than floating).

To make things line up with the floor (buttons or info on the floor) I place the hotspot on directly on the nadir and then offset this in the skin editor in the appropriate direction.

This used to work perfectly but now I can only see the content attached to the hotspot when the view is tilted down towards it.

I have used the pan/tilt values to hide/show hotspot content in previous projects so am aware of this functionality, but there is nothing in the skin editor to suggest this is what's happening.

I hope that makes sense to somebody,

Any help is much appreciated.
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi,

Do you have an example for us to look at?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi TButtrick,
This sounds similar to a bug others have posted but not one I have been able to reproduce.
The bug is while panning the panorama, pinned images are disappearing.
I have asked for a project to test but if you can also send into support a project the more projects we get the better for the developers.
Please make a reference to this post and give as many details on your set up, Pano2VR version, which platform you're on, PC or Mac etc.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/