hotspot auto-hiding

Q&A about the latest versions
TButtrick

Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:17 pm

Hi all,

I have noticed in the most recent version that hotspots become disabled/not visible when they are not in view. Is there any way to disable this.

I use hotspots with skin elements to create content that uses 3d distortion to line up with geometry in the scene (like having info projected onto a wall for example, rather than floating).

To make things line up with the floor (buttons or info on the floor) I place the hotspot on directly on the nadir and then offset this in the skin editor in the appropriate direction.

This used to work perfectly but now I can only see the content attached to the hotspot when the view is tilted down towards it.

I have used the pan/tilt values to hide/show hotspot content in previous projects so am aware of this functionality, but there is nothing in the skin editor to suggest this is what's happening.

I hope that makes sense to somebody,

Any help is much appreciated.
1uv3

Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:24 am

Hi,

Do you have an example for us to look at?
Creative expression is the Universe's only way of experiencing every configurative atomic possibility capable within a finite Universe.
Hopki
Gnome

Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:58 pm

Hi TButtrick,
This sounds similar to a bug others have posted but not one I have been able to reproduce.
The bug is while panning the panorama, pinned images are disappearing.
I have asked for a project to test but if you can also send into support a project the more projects we get the better for the developers.
Please make a reference to this post and give as many details on your set up, Pano2VR version, which platform you're on, PC or Mac etc.
Regards,
Hopki