Multiresolution panorama - feature like krpano

Q&A about the latest versions
ThomasK

Would it be possible to add tiling for multiresolution like in krpano?
Klaus has a seperate tool to generate the tiles: http://www.krpano.com/tools/kmakemultires/

Here is a fine example for this feature with krpano:
http://www.spheerique.com/spheros/saint-chamasc8.html
thomas
Chief Gnome

As you know Pano2VR brought handling for almost unlimited image sizes, so this is on my to do list, and the first steps are made...
MfG, Thomas
ThomasK

Thomas, we are pushing your forward, since you said at Prague that you will dedicate more time to Pano2VR. 8)
Wim.Koornneef

thomas wrote:As you know Pano2VR brought handling for almost unlimited image sizes, so this is on my to do list, and the first steps are made...

Hello Thomas,

Just a thought but this sounds to me as re-inventing the wheel.
It would be great if Klaus and you could work together to create the best multi resolution and multi versatile application ever build.
Pano2VR is a great application and so is the technology that Klaus has developed.
Communication lines between you could be very short... Klaus is also living in Austria ;-)

Best,
Wim
hum@no.id

Just a thought but this sounds to me as re-inventing the wheel.
It would be great if Klaus and you could work together to create the best multi resolution and multi versatile application ever build.
Pano2VR is a great application and so is the technology that Klaus has developed.
Communication lines between you could be very short... Klaus is also living in Austria

Bill Gates and Steve Jobs also both living in USA (this obviously direct rivals) :lol:

*Two great VR-developer from Austria: St. Thomas and Santa Klaus :D
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
Wim.Koornneef

Hello hum@no.id,
hum@no.id wrote:Bill Gates and Steve Jobs also both living in USA :lol: :lol: :lol:
I like this reply, it is so true ;-)

But both Bill Gates and Steve Jobs have a "special attitude" that makes it impossible to work together.
I still think that when Thomas and Klaus could combine there forces the math could be very well 1+1 > 2

But of course it is up to them to decide if this is true.

Best,

Wim
thomas
Chief Gnome

Wim.Koornneef wrote: Just a thought but this sounds to me as re-inventing the wheel.
Communication lines between you could be very short... Klaus is also living in Austria ;-)
True, but I am sure if this would not work. Also Klaus started to "reinvent the wheel". We both have different approaches to solve things and more then one vendor is always good for the market.
Also I guess a big license holder of krpano would not agree with that, and I don't want to give my stuff to this krpano license holder either.
MfG, Thomas
Wim.Koornneef

thomas wrote:
Wim.Koornneef wrote: Just a thought but this sounds to me as re-inventing the wheel.
True, but I am sure if this would not work. Also Klaus started to "reinvent the wheel". We both have different approaches to solve things and more then one vendor is always good for the market.
Also I guess a big license holder of krpano would not agree with that, and I don't want to give my stuff to this krpano license holder either.
Hello Thomas,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this matter.
I respect your arguments and I am confident that you can, and will, succesfully develope your own technology.

All the best,

Wim
ThomasK

toc toc...

Can you hear the Canon 5D MKII knocking at the door?
The panos are getting fatter and fatter - aehm, what was the final decision about tiling and multiresolution panoramas? :mrgreen:
Wim.Koornneef

ThomasK wrote:toc toc...

I wish it was true but I only heared the "echo, echo" sound from my wallet when I was looking at the Canon 5D MKII brochure ;-)
Wim
thomas
Chief Gnome

ThomasK wrote:toc toc...

The panos are getting fatter and fatter - aehm, what was the final decision about tiling and multiresolution panoramas? :mrgreen:
It will come at some point in time ... But first: point - hotspots, timeout, domain lock, sound, ....
MfG, Thomas
ThomasK

Thanks for the rough Pano2VR roadmap. :wink: