See Attached Actions Of Any Skin Object?

Q&A about the latest versions
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi,

Sometimes a single object within the skin can have multiple actions effecting it from multiple other objects. Is there a way to see all actions and variables that may be interacting/attached to a specific object?

At times it can be a real pain to pinpoint what is causing some sort of unwanted behavior to object X because depending on how many different objects you have interacting with object X it's easy to forget some sort of action you may have attached earlier on in the skin creation process.

For instance..... I may have an object that for the life of me I cannot figure out why it is a bit translucent. I didn't create it in Photoshop to have any transparency. It's parent container does not have any transparency, yet still it has a transparency. It's only after digging in and looking at every other objects action list to see what's causing it that I find it's an action that I forgot to remove when I first began creating the skin.....and then sometimes it's buried in an objects logic block which can be a real treat to find :wink:

This happens to me quite often and I'm sure that I am not alone in this.....though I may be :D

I think that it would be absolutely helpful to the skin creation process to be able to see what each object has that is influencing it.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I will add a feature request, this will then put it on the developers' radar.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/