380 image tour: Successful

Q&A about the latest versions
iantresman

A few people have asked how may images the software can handle.

I can confirm successfully handling 380 images. Importing the images was fairly quick, but Pano2VR then does some processing where an hourglass icon appears on each thumbnail in the Tour Browser; this took about 20-30 minutes to complete. Editing is quite smooth, though occasionally the image in the viewer window shows black sections which take a few seconds to update. Besides that, everything worked flawlessly.

I'm running Windows 10 on a PC with an Intel Core i5-6600K, 16Gb DDR3 2133MHz Ram, a SSD solid state drive (images are stored on a regular hard drive), and GB NVIDIA GTX 960 Graphics Card.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
As you open Pano2VR with lots of nodes you will see the hourglass while the nodes are being background loaded, but this does not stop you from doing tasks.
As an example if you need to do something with node 500, then select it in the tour browser, Pano2VR will then skip to that node to load it so you can work on it. Oncle loaded Pano2VR will go back and load the other nodes from where it left off.

If your project has thousands of nodes, then it's not practical to load all of them, for this Pano2VR has "Large Projects" settings as found under the Advanced tab in the Settings/Preferences.

By default, Load all Panoramas immediately is selected and Unload images to save memory is deselected.
Just reverse the selections so Pano2VR does not trie to load all nodes.
As you select a node Pano2VR will load it, as you get to your memory hint size as set in the settings, by default half of the physical RAM, then Pano2VR will start unloading starting with the last used node.

Pano2VR 6 pro has been tested with over 100,000 panoramas, for something like this we would recommend a 2TB fast SSD as the scratch drive.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/