Add Action Filter To Multiple Actions At Once?

Q&A about the latest versions
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi,

I have a lot of actions. I would like to add the same filter to many of the actions. Is there a way to do this all at once or does each action filter have to be added to the action individually? I have well over 1000 actions and am barely even half way through with adding the same filter over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over............

again :-)

https://youtu.be/FRddA2YxCIA

Thanks!
thomas
Chief Gnome

You can group the actions in an container, and then call the “trigger click” action on that container. Would that solve your problem?
MfG, Thomas
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi Thomas!

How do I group the actions in a container? Are you referring to grouping objects into a container on the skin?
thomas
Chief Gnome

You add a container and add multiple actions “on click” with the stuff you want to do. Then you use a single action to “call” those actions with a “trigger click”. Now you can apply the filter to this trigger action.
MfG, Thomas
TheRealMojoJojo

Hmmm,

So let's say for example that I have 500 actions that need a "mobile only" action filter. How do I attach the action "container" to the 500?
Last edited by TheRealMojoJojo on Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hopki
Gnome

Ahhhh,
I see where Thomas is going with this, clever!

As an example, if you copied all the actions from the element: thumb-athletic-in, that need the action filter to a container, for example, thumb-athletic-in-container
Then in the element: thumb-athletic-in, remove all those actions and add: mouse click, trigger click, thumb-athletic-in-container
But then set an action filter, Is Mobile, = false.

So when you click the element: thumb-athletic-in, it will trigger a click to the container, thumb-athletic-in-container, and execute all the actions, but only if Is Mobile is false.

In the case of "thumb_athletic", just simply copy all actions into a container, then have the one action to "trigger click" the container with the action filter, Is Mobile.

8)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
TheRealMojoJojo

Aaaaaha!

OK, I think I understand now :-)

So basically create a corresponding container for element X with all the necessary actions copied to it. Remove all the actions from element X. Add a trigger click to element X so that when it's clicked it triggers a click on the container which will execute all the actions.

That is BRILLIANT!

Off the top of my head I am thinking that there cannot be any actions with target "self" because that would simply target the container and not the element......so all targets would need to be defined with the actual ID instead.

Awesome idea and will make things go a lot faster in the future. Thanks Thomas and Hopki!!!
Hopki
Gnome

Off the top of my head I am thinking that there cannot be any actions with target "self" because that would simply target the container and not the element......so all targets would need to be defined with the actual ID instead.
Yep,
This is one of these tasks that it's easy to do when you're adding the actions, so you would set up one thumbnail with the actions and action filters, then copy the actions to the other thumbnails with just modifying the action targets.
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
TheRealMojoJojo

Are there any negative effects by calling full ID's instead of "self"?
Hopki
Gnome

Nope, other than you have to select it.
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
TheRealMojoJojo

lol,

Great! I will start making it a habit!

Thanks Hopki!