mark the place of a tripoid for later retry panos

Q&A about the latest versions
wiso

hello,
a question wich has only peripher to do with pano2vr,

has someone experience with measuring and /or marking a tripoid place for later retry or expand a panorama. e.g. summer/winter panorama from the same place. or. put a person in on a later moment....

gps isn´t exactly enough, tape measure and a iphone photo from the place..? or has someone hints or tricks for that?

thank you,
wiso
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi,

I have done this often. I have a piece or black electrical tape around one of my legs so that I can always match up that leg with my mark because the legs on your tripod are not always 100% symmetrical (could have one let bent out slightly), so I do it just as a precaution.

I have done everything from leaving sticks stuck into the ground, tape, black marker, X marks the spot, pictures with my phone and have even stomped rocks into place so that when I come back I can recognize the spot.

The thing to remember is to always leave your tripod neck either up or down when shooting these shots because if you don't have it in the right place as the first time then there will be a visible change when making the transition in the tour.

So yeah, do whatever you have to do to mark the spot and remember where your legs went. You will never get a perfect match up but Photoshop allows you to offset the image and you can also use the transform tool to get an almost perfect alignment that isn't noticeable during transitioning.

Fun stuff :-)
wiso

very helpful, thank you!

best rigards, wiso