Increase Pano2vr Performance?

Q&A about the latest versions
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi,

Is there a way to tweak Pano2VR's performance? I have a Lenovo w530, Quad core, 3.7Ghz peak, 32GB RAM, 2TB Crucial SSD, 630 read and 500 write speed. When I render an animation my cpu is only using 8GB RAM max.

Is there anything I can do to open up the throttle and let Pano2vr loose? I do not see any options within the settings.

Thanks!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
What file type are you using, we have found TIFF is far faster than JPEG, the default is pano.tiff and what you should use.
Rending the video is a CPU intensive process, each frame is rendered from the full resolution of the input image.
In 6.1 beta 2 deselect Rendering: Use oversampling this also helps.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi Hopki,

I am indeed using tiff. Figured since it's uncompressed it would probably render faster as opposed to the rest that have to be compressed first. I also had oversampling unchecked because anything that says "over" in the name usually means more work to be done. :-)

That's too bad there's not a way to allow Pano2vr to use up more of the 24GB of RAM I have left over :-)

Thanks anyway Hopki!