what to do next?

Q&A about the latest versions
occy

Hi all,
ok, i was playing about last night with my first panorama.
http://www.flowerswork.co.uk/stitched/
i tried making an equirectangular form the stitched image but that came out a bit wrong!:
http://www.flowerswork.co.uk/stitched2/
Ive taken the nadir and zenith shots, but how do i stitch them onto the pano?:
http://www.flowerswork.co.uk/stitched/stitched.jpg (this image is minus the nadir an dzenith shots).
i used PTGui Pro to stitch the images (i used it for teh first time last night. you can see where a lot of the joins are!). I tried including teh zenith and nadir images to be automatically stitched by PTGui, but it didnt come out right at all. Somehow Ive got to get an equirectangular images from all the images ive taken (unless theres another input format that would be more benficial).
any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks
360Texas

Need to know more

Camera / lens / pan head type?

How many images you are taking around the horizon.

It appears you might be hand holding the camera and not using a level pan head
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
occy

thanks Roy, Ill read those.
360texas: Im using a canon 400D, canon 15mm fisheye and some crappy tripod (dont remember the name, but its probably the cheapest on the market!)
I took about 10 images at an upward angle, then 10 images at a downward angle, then another 10 images at more of an upward angle (yes i know this is sloppy - but its my first time!) and then a handheld nadir image (trying not to get my feet in!) and a zenith. I hope that gives you enough info.
I then used ptgui to stitch it all together (again, not know how to use it, hence why you can see soem joins. fantastic bit of software though). But ptgui couldnt make out where to put the zenith/nadir images, so I guess I have to manually stitch these on. And if so - what position/place do i stich them in?
thanks for your input.
smooth

You need a Panorama Head so that you can position the image while shooting so that you have the recommended 25-30% overlap. Too much overlap is not good just like too little as this confuses the stitching software. Consider the Nodal Ninja panohead Australia or USA.

Using a Canon 400D and Canon 15mm Fisheye you need to shoot a Minimum of 18 shots consisting of Nadir, 8 images every 45° at -30° pitch, 8 images every 45° at +30° pitch, and a Zenith shot.
You possible would be better off using a Sigma 8mm Fisheye 4 shots 4 images at +5° pitch and a nadir shot if you desire. Though patching/cloning/healing this area in Photoshop or using Pano2VR patch option is the norm.

I would also suggest a decent stable tripod.

Regards, Smooth 8)
dp.math

First of all the Panohead, to avoid the parallax error!