About responsively correct position changes

Q&A about the latest versions
chris15326

Hey there!
Couldn't find anything anywhere to solve this, I want to move an Image to the corner of the screen after a mouse click but sadly it seems this action can only be adjusted using px and not %. So what looks great on a large screen will just fall out of the screen on smaller displays

I bet there is a way to make this movement responsive to any display resolution / size?

Thank you for your time and support

With kind regards
Chris
TheRealMojoJojo

As far as I can tell, Pano2vr has no easy way to get the results that you want. I am sure that there are more complex ways to get what you want but I haven't been able to figure it out. Maybe someone with more experience could chime in.

If we were able to define an anchor for the start and end position of an object then that would solve the problem with no trouble at all....it would be more like "tweening" in flash :-)
chris15326

1uv3 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:45 am As far as I can tell, Pano2vr has no easy way to get the results that you want. I am sure that there are more complex ways to get what you want but I haven't been able to figure it out. Maybe someone with more experience could chime in.

If we were able to define an anchor for the start and end position of an object then that would solve the problem with no trouble at all....it would be more like "tweening" in flash :-)
As a beginner its hard to tell whats possible or not sometimes.

Curious if anybody has an Idea about this.

So far it seems that you can somehow do anything in pano2vr if you obly know how of course :-D
TheRealMojoJojo

chris15326 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:50 amCurious if anybody has an Idea about this.
It can be done but the solution I know of is a pain in the ass. I'll make a video to show you the basics....... it isn't fun though :-) Very time consuming in my experience.
TheRealMojoJojo

This is going to be a 2 part video. The first part is easy.....it's the second part that's going to drive you crazy :-)

Had to update the first video because I forgot to turn on my mic:

1. Part 1 - https://youtu.be/DMtEueUeYvU

and here is the second half of the video....At timeline 7:05 I had thought that I was finished but then remembered one last thing that needed to be done, so nothing is missed or forgotten at 7:05....it picks up exactly where it left off.

2. Part 2 - https://youtu.be/ln-I6Rrhk2E

You will also have to do what I showed you in the video for larger screens because the object was not configured for different sized screen height, only for width....but like I said before....very time consuming. I only showed you for mobile devices that are held in landscape mode. It's pretty mind numbing stuff.

If anyone knows an easier way.....DEAR GOD PLEASE LET ME KNOW :-)
Last edited by TheRealMojoJojo on Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
chris15326

1uv3 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:04 am
chris15326 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:50 amCurious if anybody has an Idea about this.
It can be done but the solution I know of is a pain in the ass. I'll make a video to show you the basics....... it isn't fun though :-) Very time consuming in my experience.
I simply can't come over the fact how awesome this community in here is!
Seriously so many people willing to help on this degree is super rare from my experience!

Just hope I can give some things back in future and that I can stop spamming the forum soon... :oops: :mrgreen:

I will study your tutorial later the day :- ) cant thank you enough for your effort

Update:
By God.... :lol: now I see what you mean! The amount of work for every screensize possible isn't worth it :lol: someone else told me that there is rumor about a new feature like "change anchor point" ... guess the best idea for now is waiting for this :D even if I hate to give up... for now!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
There will be a solution for changing position from pixel to percentage in beta 3.
Hopefully, it won't be ti much longer.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
TheRealMojoJojo

Hey, that should be great for responsiveness :-) My fingers are crossed.