PhotoShop CS4 Stitching, editing and publishing

Q&A about the latest versions
henri_smeets

I just saw a video presentation of Adobe. They have created a panorama stitching feature that allows to stitch you images and paint and correct in 3D panoramic view. Since Adobe owns Flash these days it will probably incorporate Flash publishing as well.

https://admin.connectpro.acrobat.com/_a ... p40652716/

Mixed feeling here I can imagine! :?

ThomasK

But that's good news for content creators if panoramas will go mainstream!
thomas
Chief Gnome

Not so good for small panorama software producers. :(
This demo is labeled "CS next" and as I heard from 2 independent sources that have access to the CS4 beta the Flash panorama export is not included, only the hardware acceleration for gigapixel images. So we will see.
MfG, Thomas
henri_smeets

Thomas, for you I really hope the Flash publishing will not be integrated. Even if it will be I cannot imagine it will be as versatile as Pano2VR though. Just keep improving your software as you are doing now and you will keep most of you customers I think. (hint, sound support ;) )
hum@no.id

PhotoShop CS4 Stitching, editing and publishing
I knew, and wrote this as far back as February in Russian Community forum - http://www.panolab.com/index.php?topic=380.0

It Was Heard about possibility patch tool for panorama in May...
Not so good for small panorama software producers. :(
This demo is labeled "CS next" and as I heard from 2 independent sources that have access to the CS4 beta the Flash panorama export is not included, only the hardware acceleration for gigapixel images. So we will see.
Support output in Flash is not provided... but Thomas lost time for invention, unnecessary (maximum 10% users) - Patch tool... (IMHO)
Though evident necessity and all power must were spent on HotSpot modernizing function...sorry
Aduffy

Just watched that presentation and personally I don't see this as competition to Pano2Vr, but more of a companion product..

Based on the direction Thomas is going with adding the JS api, support for more advanced hotspots to load new nodes, Pano2VR is more of an authoring platform for the whole VR tour experience. These feature in Photoshop might over lap a little, and even more so with apps like PTgui, but is far more on the side of touching up the actual image itself, something I already use Photoshop for. The only difference I can see is that I will now be able to do that while seeing the image in the 3D view, something that will be really helpfully when needing to clean up these parts of the image that are on the seems on the cubic tiles...

Thomas, no need for the frown face :( ... I can only see this as being good news for you.. The more people who start playing with panos, the more people who will want more control of how they are presented..

Keep up the good work, I think your on the right track.

Cheers.
360Texas

I think where Thomas was thinking was the output engine. Meaning that CS4 Next with multirow stitching at that time did not have an output engine for QTVR or Flash.

So more like PTgui and CS4 Next are competitive.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
hum@no.id

Photoshop CS4 - Coming soon

What's New In Adobe Photoshop CS4 - Photoshop 11

Fisheye lenses and Spherical panoramas
One of the standout changes for CS3 was the much improved Photomerge feature. In that release we saw vastly improved stitching abilities and a new form of sophisticated blending that provided truly stunning results. In CS4 the wide vista photography revolution continues. With vignetting and geometric distortion correcting now included, Photomerge has again been updated. The feature can now create 360 degree panoramas, automatically detect, and account for, source images taken with fisheye lenses and has a new Collage option which allows for rotation and scaling of source files as they are being montaged.
full article: http://www.photoshopsupport.com/photosh ... p-cs4.html
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
360Texas

Thanks Humnoid.

I had missed that part about fisheye lenses.

This would be more competition with PTgui.

And once you got the image sitched.... how would a person export it out as a flash .swf ? Answer = Pano2VR
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
hum@no.id

PhotoShop CS4 - Spherical texture using and patch tool in action

http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/Spheri ... ama_SM.mov
Attachments
_ps_sp.jpg
_ps_sp.jpg (26.96 KiB) Viewed 11759 times
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
ThomasK

Just thinking loud: "...and what about a Pano2VR plugin for CS4?
hum@no.id

New look exam - upgrading advanced Photomerge (Stitching) tool...