Facebook

Q&A about the latest versions
greytail2018

I am trying to follow along with the posting for Face book. I downloaded the template but Pano2VR6 says "Error Opening Template file" Does this tutorial need to be updated?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
If it's just for facebook then this is quite easy with Pano2VR 6.
Create your tour as normal.
Then under the HTML tab select the edit temple button and select Files for external embedding.
While still in the HTML tab change the window size to 1200 x 630px.
This will be the size of the preview image, also the image will be the default view from node one.
Upload to your server then post a link to your facebook timeline.
To test I would set privacy to Only Me, once you're happy it's working ok, change it.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
nicksette

I'm just playing a little catch up here, so please correct me if I've got it wrong- Facebook no longer allows panoramas to embedded into a Facebook post directly, and you must link to the panorama on a secure external server?

Is posting an equirectangular photo as a 360 image still an option?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Correct, no more direct embeds.
My last post explains how you can generate a thumbnail for your post to link to your panorama.
This does not require a secure server.
However, if you want the gyro to work on mobiles then a secure server is required for this, but not to embed the preview image.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/