Web VR / HMD output

Q&A about the latest versions
Raum4D

Hi,

first i want to thank you for the good work with Pano2VR!
also thanks for adding the WebVR output in the latest Beta.

basically the output works, but there are a few things i would like to have clarified:

1: In the WebVR view only Pano Hotspots are working, the Image/Info/Web Hotspots seems to vanish as soon as i switch to WebVR view. Ist this a limitation or a bug? will this be implemented?

2: The WebVR view seems to only support 360° monoscopic view atm. a stereoscopic tour is not supported -> view is monoscopic
Ist this a limitation or a bug? will this be implemented?

and speeking about creating stereoscopic tours:

i managed to create a stereoscopic version of a tour (using seperate left and right eye nodes, added a stereo tag, like described in the docs) .
Then exported it for VR Tourviewer (like described in the VR Tourviewer Docs).
Then open with the Oculus Rift -> and it works perfect -> all hotspots are shown, true stereoscopic. good work!
i wish this could also be possible with WebVR, but that is another story....

What i find cumbersome ist the Pano2VR workflow for stereoscopic panoramas.
We have create nodes for every eye and duplicate hotspots for each eye, align them and so on.
The funny thing is, there is an pano input type "stripVR" that you can "feed" with a rendered stereo strip. But it seems to only use one "eye" from this pano.
Do you any plans to simplify the workflow in Pano2VR for stereoscopic material?
it would be ideal if we could set input Type to "stripVR" and Pano2VR "knows" that this is a stereoscopic pano and manage it as a left and right eye version automatically.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Raum4D,
At the moment WebVR just supports navigation but this will change in the future, I cannot say when just yet.
As for WebVR stereo support, this will come much sooner, subscribe to our blog to get notified when this happens.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Raum4D

Thanks for the fast reply, i apreciate that.
regarding the blog newsletter -> i`m in :D

so i don't wanna be pentrant but can you tell me if you got any plans for the easier usage/managing of stereoscopic panos in Pano2VR?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Yes much easier.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/