Adding projects - ignoring elements from added projects

Q&A about the latest versions
Bostjan

I have joined some projects into one larger and noticed that after joining the paths to elements weren't updated (photos, videos, sound... ).
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Bostjan,
I will double check but all the resources have to be relative to the project file.
Example if you have a folder with project two, you would need to move all the panoramas and assets into the main projects folder.
Then add the p2vr file from project two to the main project.
If you have done this and still getting issues, please let me know but this is how it should work.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Bostjan

I have a project, each in a separate directory. The main project is one level above the "subprojects" and panoramas from there are loading o.k. but not the elements. I dug a bit into and when I copy elements into the main "upper" directory then it finds the elements...but that is not ok as there are many "subprojects" and hundreds of elements.
Hopki
Gnome

Ok, Bostjan,
It has always been assumed that when you're converting many projects into one you would move all images and assets to the main directory.
Testing shows the input images file path does get changed to reflect that it is still in the subfolder, but the assets do not.
However, if you close the main project and then open it again it will then ask you to locate the missing assets.
You only need to do this once and save.

I have also raised a bug report so the devs look at this.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Bostjan

When I was joining projects together without elements I didn't find problems. Now I have added the audio guides and other multimedia elements what means that only a small project with up to 100 nodes is with ~ 200+ elements. Joining 50 such projects together would mean that in one directory are 10 K+ elements... quite crazy to handle. There it was a warning about the missing files when I started joining but I needed to define the path for each element separately... it would be fine that I define only one directory for all missing elements (?). - sure at the time when adding the additional project and that for each one again, so instead 10K there would be only 50 clicks... as the example.