Massive Sound and Performance Problems on Ipad, Iphone and mobile

Q&A about the latest versions
Goshi

Hi Allz,

my problem is, I´m doing an interaktive tour with audio, video, pinned sound background sound and a narrator. You can switch of the the narrator by clicking a button and there is atmosphere sound in the background.

On desktop it works fine, but on iPad or Iphone or other mobile the sound has only glitches (sounds like from an old venylI) and the performance is really poor. So I have several important questions:

A) I scaled my panoramas down to 20mb, and they still look nice, but when I´m exporting the tour a tile takes up 50mb and a whole panorama is bigger than my input file. Can I set this somewhere, because I really need to boost the performance on mobile, otherwise my tour is unusable.
Are there other ways to improve my performance?

B) Any Idea why there is the sound playback problem?
I´m putting in a mp3 and an ogg as alternative file
I´m also including the the mp3 and ogg in my tour (setting the checkmark in pano2vr)
When I´m interacting within the panorama the audio files take a long time to load.

On the Top Right Corner you can pause the narrator:

https://bit.ly/2JIQNL4 (<--- link to the test tour)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Goshi,
All I can say is not all MP3s are the same.
Quite often I get people with poor or no sound only to find it's the MP3 file.
I use Audacity with its MP3 plugin and to date, it has always worked for me.
Try opening and saving your MP3 files and see if it makes a difference.
I would not worry about OGG fallback, nowadays most browsers support MP3.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Goshi

Okay,
I will give it a try. But I believe it makes no difference, because I´m using reaper as daw to render the mp3.

Is there a posibillity to scale the panoramas down, to improve the speed on mobiles?
Thanks a lot for your support!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Goshi,
If your using the default then your output will be multiresolution so you should not need to reduce quality.
What's the bitrate your using for your MP3, 128KB for complex sounds such as music but for speech you can use 96KB.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Goshi

Hi,
I was testing for days right now!

I tried to recode the mp3´s with audacity
Tested them with 128kbps and 96. But not really an improvement, maybee a little bit on speed, that´s good. If you are visiting my tour with your iPad or iPhone the sound is really bad. At first it starts and then there is always cracking or stoping sounds...

Do you have the same issue, when you are visiting the tour?

https://bit.ly/2VM7GHa

You can use the link above!
Any Idea how to fix this? Or where the problem is?
Because the actual state is unusable and this is a huge problem right now.

@Performance
I use the embeded tool of pano2vr to reduce the image size, this was bringind up the performance on mobile a little bit better (I´m using multiresolution)
Do I have other options?

Thanks a lot for tips and help. Anyhow I have to make the audio working fluidly
Goshi

Hi,

my Tour is running fine now, but wath is left, is the audio has some dropouts, crazy laggy artifacts or stops working at all and makes my tour crash on ios mobile devices. I just read that the playback of 2 audio files played back at the same time is not supported on ios-mobile?

Do you know if this is true? I´m really wondering, because there will be people out there using multiple audio sources on ios devices in their tour, or?
Any help or suggestions? Thx.

Linkt to test tour with two audio files:
Mobile Sound Test on ios

Best Goshi