Change Node - Random - Future updates proposal

Q&A about the latest versions
Manel

Just a proposal for future updates.

I love the automatic rotation and the random changing node, it makes like an automatic 360° slideshow. It's great.

Unfortunately I cannot use it on projects with an aerial photo as a tour start.

So, just for the future updates, if it's possible, it'd be great just to be able to deactivate some panoramas just for the automatic changing node.

---

Another more advanced similar update proposal, for the big multi-floor projects, just to be able to adjust the automatic changing node for each floor panoramas, then it wouldn't jump to another floor, this is a little bit confusing.

--

Just proposals! dreaming is free :D

Thanks again for the great software.

Best, Manel
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Manel,
You can do this already with using the animation editor in Pano2VR 6.x.x pro all be it not random.
The following only takes a few seconds for each node but I have broken it down so its easier to follow first time out.

Select Node One and select the Animation Panel.
Select the Green Plus button (Red) "Add Clip" and give a name, for example, Pano One (Green).

1.png
1.png (42.2 KiB) Viewed 2110 times

In the Properties panel and under the heading Current Clip set the duration of the rotation, for example, 10 seconds.

2.png
2.png (14.58 KiB) Viewed 2110 times

Select the Right button to move to the end of the clip.

3.png
3.png (6.1 KiB) Viewed 2110 times

In the Pan Value box enter 360 and then click the Toggle Keyframes button.
Note: Enter -360 to spin the other direction.

4.png
4.png (16 KiB) Viewed 2110 times

This will now give an Ease In and Ease Out rotation of Node One.
Note: You can adjust the keyframes to not use the Ease In and Ease Out.
Check out the reference at the bottom of the page for Animation.

For the other nodes of the tour that need to be included in the autorotation select the Tour Browser and the next node to be included.
As above click the Add Clip button and name it as in this example, Node Two.
Don't worry about adding any keyframes just yet.

Now go back to the Tour Browser select Node Three and then back to the Animation and add the clip Node Three, do this for all other nodes.

Once compleat select Node One in the tour browser and the animation panel.
In the Animation properties panel, you will see a list of all the clips in that sequence.

5.png
5.png (41.29 KiB) Viewed 2110 times

Use the keyboard shortcut "Command + A" (mac) Control + A (Windows) to select all the keyframes in the timeline and then copy them, Command + C (mac ) Control + C (Windows).

Now select the next clip down in the sequence, select the timeline and paste, "Command + V" (mac) Control + V (Windows).
This will paste in the keyframe from the first clip, Pano One.

Repeat for all clips.

Now under the HTML5 output select the Autorotate tab and select Auto Rotation, and make sure you select Animation.
These are the settings I have used but of course, you can change them to suit your needs.

6.png
6.png (46.04 KiB) Viewed 2110 times

I'll write up a feature request for the normal Auto Rotate, Random to be able to exclude nodes.

Reference pages:

Tour Browser
Animation

Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
AutoRotate.zip
(52.78 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Manel

Thank you again Hopki!
I'll give a try.

Seems a little bit complicated though for the daily regular jobs, if I have a project with 15 panoramas and only one needs to be deactivated, doing this and deciding the order for all the 14 panoramas is too much work, too much time.

I do it quick selecting "set default view" for the best perspective and I jump to the another, just in seconds. Thats why just clicking the random autorotation it's great and useful in terms of time, results and work invested, the software do the job, I have to give only the starting point with the visual reference in 1 sec. Only having the possibility to unmark one panorama would be very usefull and workflow optimized.
Hopki
Gnome

Yeah, I have already added the feature request. :D
For now, this does give a much better auto rotate IMO as it eases in then eases out before the node changing.
Once you have all the clips in the Sequence List, it's very quick to paste the same keyframes to the clips.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Manel

copy paste sounds good! :D Thanks again!