Requirements for VR in pano2VR 6.1

Q&A about the latest versions
ffurger

I watched the introductory tutorial on how to create a VR panorama.
I would like to experiment with this technology, but I need a bit more information:

1. What kind of panorama files can be read by pano2VR v6.1? The tutorial shows a single file for each node, so I guess the input file must already be in some kind of 3D format?

2. These days there are several options to choose from as far as 3D cameras are concerned: GoPro Fusion, Vuze XR dual camera, Fujifilm FinePix REAL 3D W3 camera and more. Can Pano2VR read the 3D files generated by these and other cameras, are there any specific restrictions one must be aware of?

3. The cameras just mentioned can also generate 3D videos. Can these videos also be imported in pano2VR?

Thank you for your feedback,
Franco
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Franco,
For mono images, the two main inputs are Equirectangular and Cube Face.
Most stitchers can export Equirectangular images and most One Click 360 cameras can also export this after being stitched by their own apps.
Pano2VR also supports 360 videos.
Please see this document.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
ffurger

Thank you Hopki. I am specifically interested in stereo images right now, so I am not quite sure how I would have to import them:
- as a single 3D panorama image or
- as two individual 2D panorama images

I don't have a 3D camera yet, so I am not quite sure about ways save them. But the cameras I have mentioned in my previous post all support stereo panoramas and even stereo videos.

Best,
Franco