Edit Master Node in Version 6.0.3

Q&A about the latest versions
BrideValley

Hi everyone

Since yesterday I am having issues with nadir patches. I am currently working on a tour with 21 nodes and have used Edit Master Node to extract nadir patches for all panoramas. The patches are extracted as .psd files and use the standard naming convention of patches\master_$n_patch.psd. I do this to blur the tripod.

Once I've finished the editing and save the psd files, Pano2VR reloads the patches and displays the updated images accordingly. At this stage there is no apparent problem.

When I save the project, close Pano2VR and then re-open the project then the nadir patch for the first panorama is used on all the panoramas in the tour.

I am using Version: 6.0.3 pro 64bit
Revision: 17298/5.9.4
Build date: Feb 27 2019, 16:19:33

I have avoided the latest Beta version as I regularly use blurring before publishing and I read that this function is broken in Version 6.1 beta1 (2019-02-27 17:45).

I have re-tested with version 6.0.2 which works without this problem (as before the update) as long as I start from scratch. If I re-open a p2vr file that has been opened and saved in version 6.0.3 then I get the same problem.

I have checked the Pano2VR Image Cache Location and verified that it is viable. There is currently 161GB of free space on that drive and 360GB of free space on my working drive. My i7 Hexacore PC has 32GB RAM and is running without issues on Windows 10 with latest updates installed.

This issue started when I downloaded and installed 6.0.3 but it persisted when I re-installed 6.0.2 - if I use a p2vr file that has been edited and saved in 6.0.3 that is . . .
Last edited by BrideValley on Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
As a thought, in patches folder is it making the correct patch for each node?
What I trying to find out is are the patches being made correctly, then the wrong patch is being used or is the correct patch being used by first made incorrectly.

So extract all the patches and confirm that are all correct.
If they are, click a now that is showing the wrong patch and right button click in the viewer and select Update image.
Does that then use the correct patch?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
BrideValley

Yes, all patches are correct. They are displayed correctly within Pano2VR to begin with and I have discovered that the correctly patched panoramas can be saved successfully using the output routine to save a same-size equirectangular. They get messed up when the project is saved and re-opened later.

I have also tried reloading and updating the image with no improvement.
Hopki
Gnome

Ok, I will see if I can reproduce over the weekend.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
BrideValley

Thanks Martin, much appreciated. I've been working on a 60 node tour this afternoon and all is well with 6.0.2, so I can keep going with that for now...
BrideValley

Hi Martin

Another issue occurred today. I'm working on a tour with its own floorplan which has been prepared in Photoshop as a 24 bit PNG with transparency.
I imported the floorplan and set a rough size with the measurement tool after which I aligned it by eye with a little bit of scaling to make it fit pretty well to the building's outline on Google Maps.

I have only just started adding nodes, loading just 7 to begin with. There will be around 250 when it's finished. I added the first batch, placed them on the floorplan and aligned them appropriately to north, saving the p2vr file at frequent stages along the way. After the 7 nodes were added I began linking them in the normal way, a process I have done hundreds of times in the last 14 months. After activating the link tool by clicking on the little blue icon below the map marker (which then turned red as usual) I went to click on the nearest adjacent map marker. At this point Pano2VR crashed, disappearing without any messages or warnings.

When I relaunched Pano2VR it offered to retrieve the latest auto-saved instance of my tour which I allowed it to do. As this version had not updated itself to include 2 or 3 of the previously added nodes, I closed this without saving and re-opened my p2vr file in the normal way. Although all 7 of the nodes are showing in this project, the floorplan has disappeared.

Before adding it back to the project and going ahead with the necessary alignment and scaling, can I check with you that 24 bit PNG files with transparency are suitable? If not, I will happily use an ordinary jpeg. I just don't want to have to keep mucking about until I find a solution.

This issue has occurred whilst I was using the following version:

Version: 6.0.2 pro 64bit
Revision: 17253/5.9.4
Build date: Dec 19 2018, 11:21:47

The png file is 3808 x 4010, 72ppi, 10.6 MB, RGB, untagged colour profile (according to Adobe Bridge).

Any clues to where things are regarding the floor patch problem?

Mant thanks

Simon
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Simon,
With regards to the patch problem I have tested the next release and it does not have the same problem.
I was able to reproduce in version 6.0.3.
What you can do is before you export, go to Edit Master Node and change the file path to us eteh placeholder $n, so it looks like thsi:
patches/master_$n_patch.psd
Of course as soon as you close and open it again it will rewrite it.

With regards to the floor plan, PNG 24 is good, can you send me the PNG t have play with in my own project.
The size should not cause a problem.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
BrideValley

Hi Martin

Thanks for the feedback. When you say the patch issue is fixed in the next release, does this mean the latest beta version or another, yet to be released, release?

When you say that to get round this I should change the file path for the patches to "patches\master_$n_patch.psd", this is what is already being used as detailed in my first post of this thread. This setting survives closing and re-opening. Perhaps you could review what you think is happening here, although I am happily continuing with Version: 6.0.2 pro 64bit at the moment and will probably stay with this version until the next update.

I tried to attach the png that "fell off" the project as described earlier but this forum rejected it saying it is too big (10.6MB). Let me know if you'd like me to email it; I have your address. I have been using the same image saved as a jpeg without problems, so far . . .

Thanks again,

Simon
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Simon,
Send your image to support@ggnome.com using Wetranfer or Firefox Send.
A new up and coming release.
There is a bug that changes the file path, hence why I say make sure the path is correct.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com