webVR trouble

Q&A about the latest versions
tksharpless

Hi
I have tried to create a webvr page with a stereo pano, but am not getting one. Project file attached.
I asked for simplex_v6.ggsk but there is no enter VR button.
html option is cardboard.ggt with 'nodes are stereo pairs' checked.
On Oculus Go browser with local web server, display is basically 'cardboard' but without gyro control. Nor is it draggable.
Both frames have control widgets but only the left ones are fully functional. Projection change affects left frame only.
Selecting tumbnails seems to break stereo and eventually crashed the browser.
On PC under your local server it is the same, but draggable.
Excelsior!
Attachments
Tocqueville.p2vr
(5.17 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hello Thomas,

for now the WebVR output doesn't support stereo, but of course, this is on our (very long) todo list.
MfG, Thomas
Bostjan

To be more specific... what does VR mode do? Example (with 3D stereo): http://www.burger.si/Jame/MahorcicevaJama/MaleJame.html. At the bottom is a button which calls the 'cardboard mode'. It calls it from each node where I want to but I needed to define that in the skin for each mode. Does the new "VR mode" that automatic?
tksharpless

VR without stereo is not VR.
Please take this seriously. We will need 6-dof 3D very soon.
Bostjan

"VR without stereo is not VR" ... there it is a point.
JSchrader

Images created with 6.1 are totally blurry when viewed in webvr on Occulus Go with Go browser.
The same image is tack sharp when sideloaded, even at just 6k.
I also tried single resolution but that only shows a black screen as soon as webvr is entered.
thomas
Chief Gnome

Bostjan wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:46 am "VR without stereo is not VR" ... there it is a point.

I don't want to get into this discussion, because this can go from "Apples QuickTime VR is also VR" to "only 6DF with a full body suit is real VR".

Pano2VR will not support light fields in the near future for 6DF, but as said, stereo is on the todo list, and we will try to get it out as soon as we can. This beta was just a first step to get some feedback, especially on the way we handle the controllers and user interaction, like the rotation in the panorama, the integration into the skin etc.
I know there is a long way ahead of us, but I rather release early, to make corrections while it is easy, then wait until the fundament is set.
MfG, Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

Bostjan wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:37 pm To be more specific... what does VR mode do? Example (with 3D stereo): http://www.burger.si/Jame/MahorcicevaJama/MaleJame.html. At the bottom is a button which calls the 'cardboard mode'. It calls it from each node where I want to but I needed to define that in the skin for each mode. Does the new "VR mode" that automatic?
This was a workaround for the cardboard output. This is currently not working in the new WebVR output.
MfG, Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

JSchrader wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:39 pm Images created with 6.1 are totally blurry when viewed in webvr on Occulus Go with Go browser.
The same image is tack sharp when sideloaded, even at just 6k.
I also tried single resolution but that only shows a black screen as soon as webvr is entered.
I will look into this. The single resolution output is currently not supported in WebVR.
MfG, Thomas
gr.panorama

Bostjan wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:37 pm To be more specific... what does VR mode do? Example (with 3D stereo): http://www.burger.si/Jame/MahorcicevaJama/MaleJame.html. At the bottom is a button which calls the 'cardboard mode'. It calls it from each node where I want to but I needed to define that in the skin for each mode. Does the new "VR mode" that automatic?
I also find it not easy to fully understand.
The old way https://goo.gl/kNkCyf as bostjan's example too, works fine with all simple devices like
Homido Mini type, and oem cardboard, since each eye has the same view point.

Now with webvr on android, I got 2 cardboard options (2014,2015), and both they sift one eye's viewpoint a lot, as if trying to fake stereo, but even for this it would be too much shift.

So in this way it is impossible to focus with simple devices.
Will there be an option for them? (With no image shift.)
I do not know, special devices like oculus go may have specific angle on their lenses to focus?
Attachments
webvr.jpg
webvr.jpg (386.92 KiB) Viewed 4802 times
gr.panorama

It seems that having a setting to change the "IPD" (interpupillary distance) can correct this "double vision" for any head mounted display and screen size as well as individual human eye distance. Would that be possible on pano2vr webvr export? Cardboard profiles on their own do not seem successful enough.