Multilanguage issues

Q&A about the latest versions
PZoltan

Hi

I am new to this forum but I found lots of very useful and interesting info here. Thanks guys and for the greatest Hopki.

I managed to finalize 80% my project but I am now bloked and and need your help.

I must translate the project in 2 languages. I set up te variables "Lang=en as default. I set up in all places where I have text boxes, the appropriate logic block settings for both languages. I set up also the 2 buttons EN and DE. Everything works great.

Question: How can I set up the languages in places where I have extracted the text from userdata field $(ut) and $(ud)? I find in the forum a solution , for hotspots, to assign for each hotspot a textbox and image. I think for me would be a very difficult job because I have more than 35 hotspots.

Could anyone help me in this issue?

Many thanks guys

Zoltan
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Zoltan,
You use two point hotspots, one for each language.
How, in the skin add two hotspots, example ht_node_en and ht_node_de.
Deselect visible and set the logic block so when the relevant language is selected the correct Hotspot Template will display.

In the Hotspot Viewer mode add your first hotspot and select ht_node_en.
Set the title in English and node.
Use List View, right button click on the hotspot in the list and copy.
Now paste, the duplicate change the Skin-ID to ht_node_de.
Change the Hotspot title to German.

What will happen is depending on the variable the correct hotspots will show with its own language.
This way you can add many.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
PZoltan

Hi Hopki

Many thanks. I managed to figure out everything you explained.

At this stage when I am in an actual node, and click the language button, only for the next node will change the language in places where called $(hs) and $(hd) for those specific HS templates I made for each language.

Let say if I am in a specific node. I want to place an action at a mouthclick of the language button which will translate every elements and all elements actually shown, dropdowns, popups, will change immediately on that specific language button click action etc. How can I do this? I also have separate language variables in text boxes logic blocks. Could you explain how can I do this from one button click? (language button)

In my actual language buttons I have only one action: Mouthclick, Set variable value, Lang= hu for the Hungarian button etc.

Regards

Zoltan
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Zoltan,
Please see attached.
How this works is it uses a text variable.
The information popup would normally use the text in the description text box, but this is only read once the hotspot is clicked.
So if you change the variable after this the text can not be updated.

So what I have done is use the text logic block for both the info title and body text boxes.
You still need to have two point hotspots as the hotspot tool tips need to have their own language.

But now the information title and body text are in the text boxes logic blocks.
Its no more work as you have to add the test to either the hotspot or the text box.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
Zoltan.zip
(43.75 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
PZoltan

Hi Hopki

Thank you very much for your professional help.

I test everything and works OK.

My question is : If I have a dropdown (silhuette dropdown) and I am calling tags in it ,how can I call up in my dropdown the tags for specific languages? I set up the tags in userdata and for default language works OK. I imagine that in the language button besides the language variable I must set the tags for that specific language as well, but where can I add tags to each hotspot I previously created in the Detailed list as you suggest?

Many thanks for your valuable help

Regards

Zoltan
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Zoltan,
You would have to mod the drop down menu.
Rather than use a cloner you would add separate text boxes.
Then you can set the text when using a language tag, same as the other text boxes in the skin.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
PZoltan

Hi Hopki

:) Have you any similar examples or tutorial which could help me to build such dropdown? It is a bit complicated as beginner in pano2vr to understand how to build up from scratch such dropdown because interfere the nods hs with differnt hs for each languages, tags for each languages for different dropdown calls etc and I do not have any starting point in this sense. I also don't know where vto insert the tags for different languages. For the default language I made it but I do not know where to set the tags for other languages. I would very much appreciate your help. I managed to do all my project, only this special dropdown is missing.

Many many thankls

Zoltan
PZoltan

Hi Hopki

Maybe if you are so kind you could show me some ideas in the thumbnails menu with categories found in the components toolbox which I also use for mobile application which I think would apply the same strategy.

Many many thanks

Zoltan
PZoltan

Hi Hopki

Yes, I managed to design and setup all actions for the dropdown as you suugest. It was easy but lot of work ta add manually all nods textboxes and related actions.

I want to make the same for the thumbnails menu with categories found in toolbox but I think this will not work. Any suggestions and what actions to use for this thumbnail menu?

Regards

Zoltan