Fullscreen mode not working

Q&A about the latest versions
Lou

Hi,

I'm having an issue with full screen mode - it works fine on desktop but doesn't workat all on ipad or mobile?

Thanks,
Lou
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Lou,
Apple does not use the fullscreen API so the fullscreen button will not work in iOS devices.
What you can do is add another action to the fullscreen button with an action filter.

Mouse Click, Go To URL, URL: index.html, Target: _blank

Screenshot 2019-01-21 at 15.19.18.png
Screenshot 2019-01-21 at 15.19.18.png (36.15 KiB) Viewed 3170 times

The Target _blank means it will open a new window with the tour. So you would close this window/tab to return back to the webpage.
Then have an action filter that says: do this is if OS = iOS

Screenshot 2019-01-21 at 15.19.28.png
Screenshot 2019-01-21 at 15.19.28.png (19.22 KiB) Viewed 3170 times

So on a computer and Android devices you cat the fullscreen but on iOS it will open a new window.
You can also add an action filter the the fullscreen action to say if OS ≠ iOS, so that would be if it is NOT iOS. use fullscreen. So if it is iOS the fullscreen action is not used.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Lou

Hi Hopki,

Ok great, thank you! I'll give that a whirl :)

Cheers,
Lou
UWürsch

The fullscreen would work if there would be a way to change z-index of the viewport container:
it works fine on my iphone/ipad but you see the top menu (see attached image).
A wired thing is that on my ipad the gyroscope and cardboard view works fine but not on an iphone....mhh FIY
(http://aimstudio.com/ovastudio/vr-test/)

it would be great if there would be an option to have different layouts depending on viewport without complicated scripting.

Also the menu buttons jump when using SVG but not if you convert them to PNG.
Attachments
IMG_9046.PNG
IMG_9046.PNG (1.17 MiB) Viewed 3075 times
RWood

UWürsch wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:44 am A wired thing is that on my ipad the gyroscope and cardboard view works fine but not on an iphone....mhh FIY
Recent versions of Safari for iOS have a setting for “motion and orientation access” which is off by default. This might be the cause.

Cheers from Oz!
RWood

Hopki wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:25 pm Hi Lou,
Apple does not use the fullscreen API so the fullscreen button will not work in iOS devices.
What you can do is add another action to the fullscreen button with an action filter.

Mouse Click, Go To URL, URL: index.html, Target: _blank
I am trying to do this, have edited the silhouette skin, however the fullscreen button does not appear on iOS devices. How can I make it appear?

Thanks for any help!
Robert in Oz