Streaming 360 surroiund video on my own server the as on Youtube (?)

Q&A about the latest versions
Bostjan

I am quite a while with 360 surround video production and actually never bothered with the streaming on my own server. My 360 surround videos were for off-line use so it was not a problem to prepare a PC for viewing. I had some videos on my server, „packaged“ with p2vr skin but that was a problem as people didn't have the proper codec for viewing – well Edge can do that but not Mozilla or Chrome. So I uploaded video to Youtube where it was displayed O.K. Even for people without installed codec, like K-Lite Codec Pack...
So now the question... is there going to be a „standalone“ version of p2vr which will provide independent streaming as it is on Youtube now? – the way that the viewers don't need to bother with installing codec.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Bostjan,
The problem has always been video resolution and the browser.
Pano2VR uses the native browser support, so a 4K video may not play but 3840 x 1920 may do.
2048 x 1024 plays without problem.

When your encoding your video you need to make sure i sit web friendly.
As an example HandBrake has a check box for web optimisation, this places the MP4 container header at the start of the file, optimising it for streaming across the web.

Also have a word with your host provider about optimising for video streaming.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/