Cannot launch panorama from desktop with the .html file

Q&A about the latest versions
Grzesiek_R

Cannot launch panorama from desktop with the .html file

Post by Grzesiek_R » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:39 am

So I exported my panorama as HTML5 and can preview it in my browser (Safari) when the export is finished. But, when I close the browser window and go back to the output folder and try to launch the panorama by right-clicking the .html file and opening it with Safari, the skin loads but the panorama does not. Then the web inspector returns the following errors:
123.jpeg
123.jpeg (75.05 KiB) Viewed 140 times
This only happens with Safari and Chrome. Firefox works fine. I changed the crossOrigin in the .js file to 'use-credentials' but that does not help.

I'm using Safari 12.0.1
Pano2VR 5.1 Pro

Thanks for your help!

1uv3

Re: Cannot launch panorama from desktop with the .html file

Post by 1uv3 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:40 pm

From what I've come to understand, the tours cannot be loaded directly from the html file locally. Pano2VR comes packaged with a "previewer" so it loads the tour as if it's the server with the correct permissions.

Or something along those lines :-) There is a previewer that you can use that's free https://ggnome.com/ggpkgviewer which will allow you to view your tours locally when accessing the html file directly.
Creative expression is the Universe's only way of experiencing every configurative atomic possibility capable within a finite Universe.