regular expressions in actions settings ?

Q&A about the latest versions
soulbrother

Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:08 am

Hi,

The screenshot shows the settings:
I use 3 hotspot templates with an external loader to place logos in panos.

The need is: many logos should be placed in many panoramas, in 3 different sizes.
So, the same logo-jpg is used to be shown in different sizes and panos.

It workes fine, if I do NOT klick the yellow warning icon, and if I do NOT use the hash key in front of the target name in the actions settings.
But if I use the target as regular expression (with the hash tag) it does not work and many logos are wrong or show an "empty" rectangle.

So I wonder and ask, if I can use the following settings with nonregular expressions and if I may ignore the exclamation mark / warning icon, or if that may cause other problems?
screenshot-2.jpg
screenshot-2.jpg (177.67 KiB) Viewed 493 times
Hopki
Gnome

Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:58 pm

Hi,
You only need a # if you are addressing a hotspot template or child of a hotspot template or if you have more than one element in the skin with the same ID.
Example if you have a hide action to hide element, Rectangle 1, and you have two in the skin, only the first one in the tree will be hidden.
If you use the target #Rectangle 1 then the action looks deeper and will hide all elements with the ID Rectangle 1.

What is happening here is a Hotspot template is addressing a child of a hotspot template which is causing the warning.
But as it's address its own child element it does not need the #.
I have added a bug report as it should not show the warring.

But I will leave it to the devs.

Also it would be better to use Config Loaded rather than Start, not that makes a difference with the bug but would be better.
With Start maybe not everything is loaded and an action may not work.
Regards,
Hopki
Hopki
Garden Gnome Software Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
soulbrother

Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:01 pm

Thanks a lot Martin!

So I will use it without the hashtag, fine!

I just try "Config Loaded" instead of "Start" and it does not load the external pics.
When background is enabled I can see the external loaders areas, but no pictures (logos in that case) are shown.
But it still works with "Start".

I am thankful for any more hints and explanations, if there might be some ;-)

Best regards,
Dieter
Hopki
Gnome

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:14 pm

Hi Dieter,
Interesting, stick with start for now with no #.
Talking with one of the developers we will remove the warning if targeting a child element of a template.

It does depend if the action is in an element in the skin or a hotspot template.
As an example if you had a rectangle in the skin then you would use: Config Loaded, as Start would not work.

But the Hotspot Template being a special element, the Config Loaded source does not seem to work!
So it requites a Start source action.

Anyway once the warning triangle is removed all should work as should, just ignore when I said about using the source action Config Loaded.
But you would use this for other skin elements.
Regards,
Hopki
Hopki
Garden Gnome Software Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/