Is it possible to transfer a project from one PC to another one?

Q&A about the latest versions
Jean-Luc

New to this forum, excellent help for beginners, just have this question because I'm working with a laptop when not at home and a AIO with bigger screen when at home, so is it possible to transfer my updated project from one to the other? Thanks a lot for your help.
JL
360Texas

JL Welcome to the forum.

Yes, we to use a 27" Dell AIO Win10 pc desktop and a smaller MS Surface Win 10 notebook. We usually create a project on our Desktop and then for show and tell we move the the work over to the notebook.

We create a new folder with all work files and output finished project. We just transfer the entire folder to the notebook.

If you are using a wired or wireless Home Network you can transfer the complete folder from desktop to notebook.
OR you can copy the folder to a flash drive and then copy it off to the notebook.

You probably should change the folder filename to a new file name so it will not overwrite an existing same named folder.

Depending how complex your project is.... your work folder on source C:\ desktop location should probably should go on your c:\ notebook.

There are other PATH issues that possibly could come up if you build your project on DESKTOP external F:\ drive and then move them to a c:\ drive. That is why we use the $d\ ($d means current drive and folder) in our project layout.

$d = project directory - (use in the file path when saving projects)

Placeholder definitions can be found

https://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/beta/pla ... kin-editor

PS: About where in Mexico are you located ??? We often visit Mexico... its only a 2 hour flight for us.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Jean-Luc

Thank you for your help, Dave.
As a matter of fact, files are spread into several directories.
I’ll try to redirect them to a single c:/ directory and check if t works this way.
A project export routine is missing here, just a thought.
JL
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jean-Luc,
Go to your project and then use File => Save with assets.
This will pull all the assets that is used in the project into more localised folders.
See https://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/6/organize/
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

Jean-Luc

I did reply to your Private Message

I forgot to ask, what camera and lens are you using ?
Which version of Pano2vr are you using Version number ?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
geoff.h

Hi, I tried the 'save with assets' option and created a new folder for it with the intention of transferring the whole project to another machine. Although after saving the new folder does not contain all the assets? The 'assets' sub-folder is empty and the 'media' sub-folder has only one of the seven short embedded videos in it. There is no 'output' with all the fonts and styles used. Is there some precursor or function that must be done before 'save with assets' or have I got this completely wrong?
Geoff
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Geoff,
The assets folder would contain the assets you would have added to Pano2VR via the assets feature as found at the bottom of the Advanced tab of the HTML5 output.
How did you add all the media that was not copied?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
geoff.h

Hi Martin,
Thanks for reply. I hadn't realised the importance of the advanced tab of the HTML5 output. I've now added my files and everything works ok.

One other issue if I wanted to transfer the whole project to another university machine would I have to adjust preferences as:

Change the path for skin directory, HTML Template directory
and Output Template Directory from
/Users/geoffhodgson/Library/Application... to /Users/$d/Library/
Application/... ?

Best regards,

Geoff
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Geoff,
If you have created a project folder that contains the panoramas and the p2vr file, then open the skin editor and then do a Save As and save the skin to the same project folder.
All the files should be relative to the project folder.
You can just copy it and move the folder to another computer.

Or, under File, use Save with assets, then save to a new folder.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
geoff.h

Thanks Martin, I’ll give this a go.

Geoff