Add an Image Popup not working

Q&A about the latest versions
chrispaulis

I'm working in version 6 and trying to simply add an image hidden by the photo icon so that the photo is concealed until the user clicks the icon. I followed the directions at https://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/beta/add-image-popup/; however, when I output the file, the photo still sits on the wall rather than the little image icon. Can anyone help?
k.ary.n
Gnome

Which component did you use? (step 8.)
chrispaulis

Attachments
Screenshot 2018-11-14 10.41.59.png
Screenshot 2018-11-14 10.41.59.png (139.12 KiB) Viewed 5210 times
Hopki
Gnome

hummm,
Does sound odd,
The steps are:
• open your project and select the hotspot mode
• double click and add your hotspot and set it to type image and make sure the Skin-ID is ht_image, then use the blue folder to select teh image that will popup
• open the skin and using the components tool box to add the image popup component
Export and it should work ok.
Project attached.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
image_popup.zip
(18.42 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
chrispaulis

Thanks, Hopki. I'm afraid that I don't understand how to "...make sure the Skin-ID is ht_image, then use the blue folder to select the image that will popup."

I see the ht_image in the skins editor, along with the blue folder for image popup, but I have no idea how to make settings for particular images as you seem to be directing. Are these settings in the Image Properties window?

Sorry for my inexperience! I wish that these things were easier to learn from the documentation and videos (which see out of date).
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
OK I think we need two rewind and nail down what it is you are after.
Are you looking to have an image hotspot that when clicked displays an image.

Or do you want a pinned image hidden behind a point hotspot that when clicked pops out 100%.
Two very different things.

I have attached two projects that do both, one is a popout and the other slides out a pinned picture.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
imagepop.zip
(161.09 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
chrispaulis

I'd be happy to have either work. I suppose I prefer the pinned image hidden behind a point hotspot popping out to 100%
chrispaulis

I got the simple point hotspot with hidden picture to work, and that's good enough for what I need to do. Thanks, Hopki. ...Now I'll post my next question!
chrispaulis

Okay. Good news: I got the single-point hotspot to work with an image in the program and when I load it locally. Unfortunately, it won't load when access from my web site online. the spinning dots in a greyed screen circle endlessly. What might be the problem?
360Texas

Just guessing. Maybe its a PATH to the image location. The server is looking for the image ?

Did you place the image in the same folder both on local folder and on your website folder.

Or maybe the image did not get uploaded to your sever website folder.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
chrispaulis

Still stumped... I only have 3 pop-up images linked to single-point hotspots and they are all built the same way with the same basic settings. One of these works well locally and online, popping up immediately when the image icon is clicked. The other two simply don't. I don't see any pathway issues....
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I think it's time to see your project as this does not make sense.
Can you share your project, support@ggnome.com if you don't want to share it in the forum but please also include a reference to this post.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
chrispaulis

Here's the project file:
Panos-Final.p2vr
(58.27 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
chrispaulis

Hopki,

This is also the project on which the GPS doesn't autorotate on mobile, despite my attempt to create a container with action set as you described. Can you take a look at that and see what I'm doing wrong, here, as well?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
When I say project, I meant the project, not just the project file.
xxx.p2vr
xxx.ggsk
Panoramas.

I need to be able to reproduce your output.

The best thing to do is go to File settings and select Save with assets.
The zip that up and send to support@ggnome.com wit reference to this post.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com