remind me how NOT to reder out each time...

Q&A about the latest versions
stalwart

Please someone remind me where the check box is in v.6 to stop Pano2VR from rendering out all tiles each time I output! Arrggggg!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Stu,
This is automatic, but only if you use multi resolution.
What’s your set up, files on an external portable hard drive etc.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
stalwart

desktop PC. Your answer makes sense re: only DOESN'T re-render if output multiresolution. I have 3 x HTML5 outputs:

1. standard output (multires)
2. cardboard (multires)
3. Oculus Go (single res)

...and it's always the Oculus Go output that re-renders all the time. Must stop hitting the ALT button when I click "output"!!!!!! :D

cheers Martin
stalwart

esp. as this particular tour is 100+ nodes!!: www.360imagery.co.uk/virtualtour/educat ... /waterside

:shock: :shock: :shock:
mbb

It is important for users to have *full* control over whether or not P2VR rebuilds/re-tiles any pano files.

Examples-

I use a separate JPEG Optimization program (JPEGMini Pro) to compress my final tiled panoramas after they are built by P2VR (where I set it to output at highest JPEG quality setting). So I can't have P2VR overwriting that work every time I rebuild the tour.

Additionally, I will often open up and work on existing tours that have at some point been moved to my NAS or to another drive. In which case, I would not want P2VR to re-tile the images.