Jerky Flyin and Autorotation

Q&A about the latest versions
Gonzo142

Hello,

I´m rather new to Pano2VR and tried to build my first tour starting off with a flyin. I also wanted autorotation to start with a short delay.

I know this topic has been discussed several times in this forum, but I haven´t found any sastisfying answer or solution to why animated motion always stutters a bit. According to Hopki´s advice in the past, I first checked my graphics card and updated my drivers. I tested the tour on different machines. My strongest workstation has an NVIDIA Quadro k4200. The same problem exists on all my computers. I tried building the flyin with the new animation tab - same here! Up to now I got the best results turning off "MultiRes" and choosing "SingleRes" instead. But then the cross-fade transitions are jerky!

Can anyone help?

Kind Regards

Gonzo142
360Texas

Hi Gonzo142

What browser and version are you using? We are using Google Chrome current version.

Platform: PC, Mac and internet connection speed ? Ours is PC Win10 connection Fiber 1 Gbps

? Please, what is your image dimensions ??? Like 6000 wide x 3000 high ?

Please let us too see ... Link URL ?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Gonzo142

Hello 360Texas,

well, at the moment I am working on a Mac Pro, Quadro 4000, Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 using either Safari 11.1.2 or Firefox 62.02 (64bit). My internet connection speed is 25Mbit (download).

The 11 panos I dropped into Pano2VR have a size of 12152x 6076 px. Since I changed the project again, I haven´t got a link for you at the moment.

But tell me: what are the minimum hardware requirements needed so that a "normal" client can watch the tour fluently?

Regards
Gonzo142
Gonzo142

Hi 360 Texas,

so recently I provided all the information you requested. :?

What do you think? Is it possible to create flyins starting with a little planet that run smootly? Up to now I have the impression that Pano2VR isn´t capable of doing so. This feature doesn´t make any sense to me, if it doesn´t function properly on most of my clients machines.

Any help on this topic is very much appreciated.

Regards
Gonzo142
360Texas

Please let us see ... Link URL ?

Lots of things might be contributing to your flickering issue.... need to reduce this range by actually letting us see.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Gonzo142

Sorry, but I can´provide any links at the moment, because this is a current project for a client. It also contains some CG elements I rendered. But this doesn´t actually change anything - it´s still an Image with a ratio of 2:1.
Lots of things might be contributing to your flickering issue
So, what are the things that may cause this flickering?? If the answer concerns the hardware, internet connection or browser - I will never be able to influence this later on, when the tour is online. I can only play around with the settings I have!

So these are the questions I am concerned about: are there any limitations in size of the project, does the chosen speed affect the flicker in any way...and can anyone show me a project with a smooth little planet flyin?
360Texas

See flickering or "stuttering" previous thread:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11525&p=47479&hili ... ize#p47479
Dave
Visit 360texas.com