Pano2VR to VR Gear Step by Step?

Q&A about the latest versions
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi All,

After reading about 30 topics all on VR Gear output..... I am even more confused then when I began :-) I just came from Panotour to Pano2VR so please excuse me if I am asking yet another "gone over 1,000 times" topic.

Panotour had a feature that enabled the author to easily add VR functionality. All you did was add the VR button to your skin and the program did the rest whether you were viewing on any of the VR Glasses formats such as Cardboard, VR Gear and a number of others that I don't recall.

I have been reading the documentation and it seems to separate a number of the vr format option outputs with no single output encompassing all the different formats. I may be totally wrong but that's how I've been understanding what I don't understand :-)

I guess my question is this.... is it possible to output "once" for all the VR formats and if so, is there any tutorial that shows step by step how to do it? Maybe a video or something? If there is no tutorial I'll be sure to create one after I've figured all of this out.

Any help is always appreciated.

Thanks!
thomas
Chief Gnome

If you are looking for a standalone App, you can use https://www.vrtourviewer.com/ .
For now there is no easy process withing the browser as Pano2VR currently doesn't support WebVR. This was planed for Pano2VR 6.1 but in the light of Kolors closing and an increased demand for it, we have put this topic as feature up for 6.0 so it will be included in one of the next betas. If you don't have an urgent project I would suggest to wait ~6-8 weeks and we should have a nicer solution, then what is currently available.
MfG, Thomas
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi Thomas!

Thanks for the speedy response! That's great news to hear about the upcoming feature implementation and thanks for providing me with the standalone option. I have to take my hat off to you guys. You've done an excellent job of balancing functionality / usability within the Pano2VR framework. I literally enjoy working with the program which is a great change when compared to all other tour creating programs I've worked with.

I suppose that since I already have a Panotour license I can just create the VR part of the tour with that and link to it from within the Pano2vr tour. Just out of curiosity;
  • Panotour has a 3rd part plugin called VR Thumbnails Menu https://360images.fr/panotour/vr_menu.html which really enhances the overall VR experience. Are you guys planning on adding anything like that to your future VR feature arsenal?
Regardless, Pano2VR is a fantastic product and I'm sure that all of us users can agree that we truly appreciate your team's hard work and dedication in bringing us a tour creating platform that allows us to create some amazing feature rich applications for our customers.

And PLEASE! For the love of everything holy.....DON'T GO ANYWHERE! :-) It seems as if tour creating software is vanishing from all around us. If I have to go knocking on 3D Vista's door in the next few months I'm just going to throw in the towel and be done with all of this :-)
Hopki
Gnome

HI,
You can link to the HTML page from Panotour.
This can then pop open a new window.

VR: Im not sure what the functionally will be, will know more later, but as Thomas says keep an eye open.

As far as the future goes, who knows, but no plans to go anywhere just yet. :D
What would the industry be without Gnomes!
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi Hopki!

Thanks for the info. I thought that I already asked you a question on a different post but I don't see it. Did you use to frequent the FFC forums back between 2011 and 2014? The name Hopki sounds familiar. I could be mistaken though.

Thanks for all your help and hard work!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I don't remember FFC, but I was in PanoGuide and a few others at one point but between 2008 and 2010.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/