player problem with password protected VR

Q&A about the latest versions
RMari

I’m a Pano2VR user since version 4 and I have created with that software a number of tours for a client who keep those tours in a password protected area of his server and website.

Since I have update the projects with the current version of Pano2VR 5.2.5 a problem with showing images especially in Safari both on mac and iOs devices have started:

when the index page of the tour is loaded all the elements of the interface will be shown but no image, it’s totally black. As long as you run a refresh of the page only the front tile will be loaded in full resolution and all the others tiles around will be blurred, zooming in no high resolution tiles will be loaded in any section of the image.

We had run several tests with different configuration on server and no one gives us a solution. The only way to get the tours properly work is to change the current player file (pano2vr_player.js) with a previous version taken from old tours that were made with 4.5.1

The problem doesn’t exist if we change to public the tour so no password is needed.

For what we can see with the current player (but we had tested all the versions since 5.0 to beta 6.3) we get the same error shown in the attached picture: the mime tipe requested to the server it’s html instead of jpg.
It seems like the player since version 5.0 doesn’t get the cookie session so the server instead of load images send a request for the login page, but that’s our guess maybe it’s something different.

Please just let me know if we can cooperate to find out a solution to this problem. For now I’m delivering new tours with the old player but it’s not the best solution ever.
Attachments
Schermata 2018-07-04 alle 11.20.29.png
Schermata 2018-07-04 alle 11.20.29.png (421.53 KiB) Viewed 2098 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I have sent a message to the developers and as soon as I hear back I'll will let you know.
I'll post the answer here rather then your support e-mail so anyone else following this thread can see the answer.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
thomas
Chief Gnome

This should be solved by setting the crossOrigin attribute to "use-credentials".

You need to do this in the HTML page with the line

Code: Select all

pano.setCrossOrigin("use-credentials");
after the line pano=new pano2vrPlayer("container");

See also viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11536&p=50974#p50974
MfG, Thomas
RMari

Yes it works, thank you for your support.