Tour Browser thumbnail loading time

Q&A about the latest versions
mbb

P2VR v.6b3, Win10

Working on a 60+ node tour and seeing that it takes quite a while for the program to load all the thumbnails that appear in the Tour Browser panel (several minutes) whenever I open the project to work on it. Source panos are all equirectangular (16k x 8k) and are located on SSD.. Are these thumbnail files not cached for faster opening of the tour?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Bradford,
Cant say this has ever been an issue as there thumbnails and nodes background load while your working on on the project.
If you click a node in the tour browser then thats the next one to get loaded then gos back loading the others.
Have you changed any settings under the Advanced tab in Pano2VRs Preference/Settings?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
mbb

Yes, they do load in the background, and I am able to work on the project. But my question was why do they take so long and aren't they cached? 4 minutes for all 65 nodes in my tour to complete.

Why is this an issue for me? Because I don't work on such a large tour in one sitting. I will close it, then open it at a later time to pick up where I left off. Problem is that I need to be able to see the thumbnails to recognize the panorama that I was working on last (naming of the panoramas doesn't help in this case). So I have to wait until a great majority of them get loaded. This can happen as many as a dozen times in one day for various reasons. Which means as much as 20+ minutes is wasted watching these thumbnails load.

As far as changes to settings, yes I have had made minor changes. These were mostly changes covered in a video that you made regarding the settings & preferences. Is there some particular setting that creates the loading time that I am experiencing?

These are my current "Advanced settings"

(note: there is an option "Cached remapped cube faces" that is not covered in current documentation for v6). Not sure if that applies to my project as I am using equirectangular input images?)
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (39.38 KiB) Viewed 1238 times