Pano2VR 2.1 beta released

Q&A about the latest versions
thomas
Chief Gnome

g8dhe wrote: I guess this might be a feature but it if so it ought to give a warning at least, perhaps by throwing up the "Save As" browse window to ensure that you did intend to use original file name and folder.
This is indented behavior, but maybe I can make it an option to act in a way you expect it.
One feature that seems to be missing is the ability to save a Project file while using droplets ? Is this me missing something or could it be included as an option the same as inputting User data and (you already have it on the list I think) completing HTML template data in droplets ?
It should be in the same box. It's called "Save values as project files".
MfG, Thomas
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Thomas,

I am experiencing a resizing of the flash 9 output of a cylindrical image in Pano2VR 2.1 beta.
When I input a large cylindrical the output is a very small pano (<200 kb) while the tile size is set to the max size (2880 px) and a high quality compression so this is not OK.
The same input file is fine when processed in Pano2VR 2.0 (2,2 MB).

Best,

Wim.
thomas
Chief Gnome

Wim.Koornneef wrote: I am experiencing a resizing of the flash 9 output of a cylindrical image in Pano2VR 2.1 beta.
When I input a large cylindrical the output is a very small pano (<200 kb) while the tile size is set to the max size (2880 px) and a high quality compression so this is not OK.
The same input file is fine when processed in Pano2VR 2.0 (2,2 MB).
Yes, this is a bug in 2.1beta1. I will release 2.1beta2 tomorrow where this should be fixed.
MfG, Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

I just released Pano2VR 2.1 beta2 which is just a bug fix release.
Changes:
  • Export for cylindrical Flash panoramas fixed
  • Drag & Drop on Pano2VR.app for Mac OS X fixed
  • Fixed SPi-V and QuickTime HTML templates
You can download the new version as always from the Pano2VR download page.
MfG, Thomas
g8dhe

thomas wrote:
g8dhe wrote: I guess this might be a feature but it if so it ought to give a warning at least, perhaps by throwing up the "Save As" browse window to ensure that you did intend to use original file name and folder.
This is indented behavior, but maybe I can make it an option to act in a way you expect it.
Ah right, if it can be a an option it would be great as its so easy to overwrite a previous file and loose all the settings :-(
One feature that seems to be missing is the ability to save a Project file while using droplets ? Is this me missing something or could it be included as an option the same as inputting User data and (you already have it on the list I think) completing HTML template data in droplets ?
It should be in the same box. It's called "Save values as project files".
Doh - how did I miss that :shock: OK so all I'm waiting for now then is the ability to save HTML form setting values then I'll be :D
Geoff - G8DHE
ImageSpherical Visions
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Thomas

I have a weird problem with 2.1 beta2
When I drop or use the import button to import an image that comes directly out of the camera (for a zoomify output with a customized html template) then I get an error message that the file can't be imported. On the message window is an OK button and on the progress window, that appears at the same time as the error mesage, there is a Cancel button. Unfortunately none of these buttons is functioning and I have to force quit the application.

The same camera image works fine when imported in Pano2VR 2.02 so it must be a bug in 2.1b2 that is causing the trouble.

Now the weird part; when I import the camera image in a image editor (CS3) and just save it with a diferent file name then this image can be imported in 2.1 beta2 without any problem.
When I make a file copy of the image in the Finder of OSX then this image is rejected for import just as the original one.
I checked the user permissions of the original and the copied images by CS3 and Finder and they are all identical so I guess the import problem has something to do with file flags or creator settings.

Success in solving this issue, if you need sample images of whatever just let me know,

Wim
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Thomas,

I found the reason that caused the import problem of the camera images.
The new beta don't accept file extensions with CAPITAL characters, when changing the default filename extension from ".JPG" into ".jpg" the import runs smoothly.
I guess it will be very simple for you to fix this.

Best,

Wim
g8dhe

Just been trying out the droplets, and I find that dropping an image onto the Icon, loads the image and drops into the viewing parameters window - but there is no sign of the image, just the empty cube grid :?:
It works fine dropping the image on the main program or dropping it onto the open window itself, but from the droplet Icon it refuses to show the image. I've tried it with beta1 as well and the same result, it works fine with 2.02 however.
This is running on XP pro SP3 with all updates.
Geoff - G8DHE
ImageSpherical Visions
epoc

thomas wrote: Did you test this just locally? If so, can you try to turn off the "network access" (which will allow local file access instead). Can you please also test this online? I tested the hotspots on 3 machines and they worked fine.
Sorry for the delay, been busy. Ok, the hotspots work fine when online. So I guess there is no bug. Is there a reason why the hotspots work locally in the V2 and not in the V2.1?? I really would like to be able to check the hotspots work before I upload the large swf files.

Can you please tell me where I "turn off the network access" and will this effect my PC with regards to other networking??

I think being able to check things work locally is a must to save precious time and bandwidth.

Thanks
Wim.Koornneef

epoc wrote:Ok, the hotspots work fine when online. So I guess there is no bug.
Hello Epoc,

Some time ago I encountered the same hotspot problem in my Flash 9 panoramas.
The problem was solved when I changed the safe zone (allowed directories) in the Flash security settings.
The problem came back after I installed Flash 10 RC on my iMacG5 so I had to reinstall Flash 9 on this machine.
With Flash 10 RC on my MacBookPro I don't have this hotspot issue.

Perhaps this info can help you to tackle your hotpsot problem,

Best,
Wim

PS, "Epoc" reminds me to "The Matrix" one of the best movie series ever been made.
thomas
Chief Gnome

epoc wrote:Is there a reason why the hotspots work locally in the V2 and not in the V2.1?? I really would like to be able to check the hotspots work before I upload the large swf files.
Because I changed the default behavior.
Can you please tell me where I "turn off the network access" and will this effect my PC with regards to other networking??
No this effects just this SWF file. You can allow a SWF local file access or network access but not both at the same time, and this is what this checkbox changes. See for example: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/artic ... ck_03.html
MfG, Thomas
martyhr

I encounter crash of a program when I export Flash8.

Can anyone try it?

XP pro,2GB RAM, Dual core Intel...

Marty
thomas
Chief Gnome

I just released another beta of 2.1. The changes are:
  • Flash 8 export fixed
  • File extension also recognized as upper case
  • Focus fixed for error dialog if the progress bar visible
  • "Save as default" ignores the input file name
  • Italian translation
  • 64bit Linux version added
MfG, Thomas
martyhr

Great, Thomas, it works now.
Thank you!

Now please,please - from fullscreen with hotspost direct to another fullscreen. I would be niiiiiiice !!

marty
ThomasK

Thomas, could it be that there is a hardcoded Max Field of View (Zoom) of about 90° for the Panorama Viewing Parameters for the Flash9 export?
Trying to set view of about 115° has no effect on the flash output, there seems to be a certain limit in the program.