Skin Bug. Pano2VRv5 works. Version 6 NOT

Q&A about the latest versions
Manel

I have a problem, the old projects I have with the version 5 works everything perfect, If I open the same project with the version 6 and I apply save without changing nothing the skin element is not working fine.

It's the following problem:
The markers on a floor plan, the points are responsive for a small screens.
I applied a logic block scaling -0.65 for the plan with the markers, everything goes smaller, at the same time I applied a scaling +1.5 only for the markers, then when it goes everything smaller, the markers points don't (easier for the fingers on mobile)
It use to work perfect with the version 5 (no problems at all), with the 6 works more or less, but if you press first one it goes very very small, if you change the marker and then you press again, then it's working fine.

Looks it's a bug.

I've attached an example, if you open it with the v.5 works perfect (just check the skin live preview), with the v.6 as I said is producing errors.

this issue is affecting all my new projects. I appreciate a solution for the next update :-)
thanks in advance!

Manel
Attachments
Bug_error_PanoVR6.zip
(165.03 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
01_deskop.png
01_deskop.png (341 KiB) Viewed 3355 times
02_mobile.png
02_mobile.png (169.66 KiB) Viewed 3355 times
03_mobile_click.png
03_mobile_click.png (230.78 KiB) Viewed 3355 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Manel, I am so sorry but I missed your forum post. I have looked into your skin and see a few things not quite right. We changed some code in V6 so things like Pan North works with active elements when coined in a markertemplate.

How you should set this up is rather than scaling the elements separately you scale the node marker, markertemplate.
So to get your markertemplate working as should, copy the scaling logic block from "marker_normal" or "marker_active" and paste it in to the scaling logic block of the markertemplate. Then remove the scaling logic blocks from both "marker_normal" or "marker_active".

Also in the posted project you have everything in the hide_template container. Only the node marker, (markertemplate), marker_normal and marker_active should be in there. The elements that make up the map should be in the root of the skin or in their own container, then the marker_node1 and marker-node2 should be child elements of the map.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Manel

Thank you Hopki

now I remember I've already tried this, and it was not working well.

The problem is with the center of the scaling. It must be the circle. If you do like you are saying, the center isn't the circle anymore (takes the circle and the marker title), then the circle-point moves to another position when you scale the skin on mobiles.

I appreciate a solution. As I said, on the version 5.2.2 works perfectly. The problem I have some projects using some new things from the 6.

thanks again

Regards

Manel
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Manel,
I have tested this with an iPhone and all is working as I would expect with the scaling in the marker node.
Can you give me more details on what happens when you tested it and what devices you used to test with.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Manel

Hi Hopki

no, on Pano2VR 6 the points move, like the example, outside the squares. On Pano2VR 5 they remain centered inside.

I'm using the markers on floor plans, that's why is so important

Here de example again (attached).

Hope it'll be solved at the end of the year with the final 6 version.

thanks!
points.jpg
points.jpg (61.2 KiB) Viewed 3177 times
Attachments
Bug_error_PanoVR6 2.zip
(186.13 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Ok having a look at this with fresh eyes and the mother of all brain farts.

This is how the project should be set up.

The container 1_floor should have the scaling logic block to change size of the container and all child elements.

So this said no other element needs any scaling.

The hide_template container should only contain the marker_normal, marker_active and the node marker. The container is then set to not visible.

The container with the floor plan should just contain the map image and marker nodes.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
Hopki.zip
(380.71 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Manel

Hi Hopki

what you are sending and proposing is to erase all the responsive design for mobiles and making the circles small. Thi is not the reason I created this post.

the work attached on the original post from June 15, works flawlessly on the version 5 (like it must be), the version 6 works too, but is creating errors (this is a bug) the first time you press the circle, thats is why I wrote, hope it'll be solved by the next update.

Your propose is not a solution at all. Thanks anyway.

pano.jpg
pano.jpg (157.01 KiB) Viewed 3141 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
OK from your last post I understand! :roll:
The visual was good for me to see exactly what was required, sorry for being a bit slow :)

As said in V6 all this got rewritten to make things work.
If the anchor position of a node marker is set to the centre then where the cross meets is the actual centre.
This was done to make alignment visually easier.

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 12.28.34.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 12.28.34.png (10.96 KiB) Viewed 3129 times

The above illustration shows the node marker cross centred in the square.
You also do the same with the marker_normal and marker_active images.
Then they will be in the middle of the marker nodes cross, here is what it looks like in the skin.
Note, the anchor position of the image alines it to the cross. So for example if you changed the anchor position of the marker_active to bottom fight, the bottom right of the image will be the centre of the marker node.

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 12.33.05.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 12.33.05.png (12.47 KiB) Viewed 3129 times

You will also note that the text box will be offset with your current position settings.
However if you set the text box position anchor to the centre then set position X; to 0 then it will be alined perfectly in the skin with relation to the marker node.

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 12.35.31.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 12.35.31.png (12.75 KiB) Viewed 3129 times

The elements that have the scale logic blocks are:
1_floor:
Player Width, <=, 667, Or
Player Height, <= 500
X: 0.35 Y: 0.35

marker_node1:
Player Height, <= 500
X: 2.50 Y: 2.50

marker_node2:
Player Height, <= 500
X: 2.50 Y: 2.50

We try not to change things like this but it had to get a rewrite to make the modifies work in active elements.
And of course using the marker nodes cross does help with alining them to Maps/Floor Plans.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
Hopki2.zip
(181.34 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Manel

thanks Hopki for the great work & customer service! now is working! :D

have a nice weekend & thanks for the patience!

Manel